What's new

Worst DVD covers! (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

"Puddle Cruiser" is a pretty clever little film and Fox's DVD cover makes it look like a sleazy sex comedy like "Porky's" or "American Pie".

Broken Lizard's Steve Lemme (who plays Felix Bean, the film's main character) had this to say on his blog at brokenlizard.com:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

Hey, I resemble that!

And the Super Troopers reference, excuse me, possibly hurts even worse!:D Perhaps ST did better than I think, but I'd like to think Broken Lizard has moved onward and upward since then. Have they?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

I can understand trying to hype up the "Super Troopers" connection, since it's one of Fox's biggest sellers on DVD, but actually showing the five "Super Troopers" character on the bottom of the packaging is just plain tacky. As for whether or not they've moved "onward and upward since then", I think "Club Dread" was pretty entertaining but ultimately disappointing, but I had no interest in "Dukes of Hazard", which all five "Broken Lizard" members were involved with, though it wasn't officially a "Broken Lizard" film. "Puddle Cruiser" was made in 1996 but was just released direct-to-video a month ago, so if you're asking if they've moved "onward an dupward" since making a film that didn't see the light of day for nearly a decade, I'd say that's a resounding "yes". In any event, a cover that actually showed all five Broken Lizard members as their "Puddle Cruiser" characters would have captured the feel of the movie itself and evoked "Super Troopers" in a much-less exploitative way.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Even if Broken Lizard made a groundbreaking film that changed the face of cinematic comedy, they'd still be marketed as the "the guys who brought you Super Troopers."

LOL at the Highway to Heaven covers. I hope someone got eternal damnation for those :)

Another addition to the Pantheon:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Bill: sorry, I didn't realize Puddle Cruiser was made *before* all those others. I think I'll check it out.

Ravi: yup, that cover *really* makes me want to get 13 Going On 30 now. And to think I was going to pass on it just because of its content...

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy that edition of "13 Going On 30" just based off on that horrid cover. Looks like something a 8 year old slapped together in Paint in about 2 minutes.

And yeesh at that Gattaca P&S only edition cover. I'll stick to my Superbit edition thank you very much (which is in its intended WS triple thank you).

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
keith that link goes to chronicles of narnia.

Which I hope the keep.. looks pretty good compared to what we have been getting...lol

R~

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Sorry, didn't want to hotlink to the cover. I didn't bother to check the direct link to the cover. It has been fixed.
-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks