What's new

Worst DVD covers! (1 Viewer)

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Just look at the size of that eyeball he's expelling! No wonder it didn't go down!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^^
"...no wonder it didn't go down!"
I laughed. :)

Don't forget MGM's The Secret of NIMH. A wonderfully intelligent very older kids, even adultish, film that happens to be animated...and they include kids' games on the DVD set and a cover that looks like Saturday Morning crap. :frowning:

MGM kids (groooan)/"Family Fun Edition" :frowning:

The SCARE THE KIDS AWAY SO YOU CAN WATCH IT IN PEACE COVER that should've been...HEE HEE!

Real Name
Benjamin
Speaking of bad covers, I have in my collection two Special Editions from Predator (the ones in dark tone below) that I don't like it. As you can see by the second picture, there's another cover with the same 2 discs from the SE which has Schwarzenegger and the Predator together.

Unfortunately, Fox has choosen the dark covers for both movies and I didn't have the luck to get the good ones. The first picture is from the R2/Portuguese edition and the second-one is from Brazil.

This is a really bad cover (also from Brazil/R4). It's from the old edition, and the second movie. No one can tell this is a cover from Predator, since it has no meaning.

Special editions that I have. : (

Original poster.

Ultimate edition.

Another covers that I found:

And in my opinion, this is the best cover that should be used for the second movie:

Real Name
Benjamin
A Nightmare on Elm Street. The first picture is always from the original posters and even VHS tapes. The second one is from DVDs taken from BR/region 4. R1 is almost the same thing. Another bad thing is the ridiculous decision to put these lines on each cover "The evil is coming" - "he is going to face a great challenge". A real work of a genius...

Picture from the first movie (3-D). It's not oficial cover.

Just for you realize how stupids are these covers, every one knows that Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger) was not credited as the main actor (the star of his movies), this was only happening on the 4th Noes movie (The Dream Master).

Only on the 4th movie (from all seven) he was awarded with that status. You may research this if you like, even on the third movie he was credited after others from the cast.

I remember when I was younger (and affraid of these movies) that I find this covers from VHS tapes very good, because they showed Freddy as a "monster" and his gloves all over the picture.

I mean, in the old days these covers were something more elaborated, and have a real meaning (look at the second movie, I found that perfect). It was something different that each one of us may look and think about it.

As you can see, the DVD cover from Freddy's Revenge (R4) has nothing to do with the movie, because who knows the movie remember that Freddy make-up was only made on the third movie (The Dream Warriors), because on the first two movies (and the New Nightmare from 1994) he was completely different!!!!

And the story of the second movie is about the guy who is possessed by Freddy, that only really appears in the end (and the movie let the question open to debate).

And here comes some idiot and place the line "the number one of terror is back" on the cover!

Unbelievable! :D

Laurence Fishburne (the guy who did Morpheus in Matrix) didn't show for more than 5 minutes on the third movie. He was nothing important. And it was showed on the DVD cover!

These covers are made by or for retarded people!

Everyone have a stupid look on those photos, even Freddy. Are they even concerned if it's selling or not?

The only good cover that I found was from New Nightmare, but it has the problem of showing in the background a picture from the last seconds of the movie! Just remove these lines and the background, and let it Freddy alone, and that will be good.

Please, stop trying to explain or ilustrate the whole movie on the front cover! That's very bad!

Each DVD cover should use old material, old posters. I don't know why they keep insisting on making these things.

And why not use different covers from each edition? Magazines are doing that, why not DVDs? What seems to be the problem?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...I have avoided posting in this thread. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just that I've seen a lot of bad DVD covers and figured I'd be in here...a lot! :D

Anyway, as I was putting together next week's RoundUp I saw the cover below and figure it has to be just about the worst representation of a film...EVER! :eek:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
It reminds me of one of those National Lampoon movies with that stupid red font and it looks like the poster for that bad 90s MTV flick Joe's Apartment. By far the worst offender of DVD cover art I've seen yet!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I'm confused. Which one of them is supposed to be Doris Day and which one is Rock Hudson. Oh well, at least I know it will be brightly colored family-friendly fun.

Regards,

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
All three of their heads look like they are photoshopped onto those bodies. They look kind of creepy actually. Is this a horror film?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks