What's new

Woody Woodpecker (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I saw a post at Digital Bits and TVShowsOnDVD that the new Buck Rogers set lists TV shows coming to DVD from Universal. Woody Woodpecker was one of them listed. I'm sure that most of us know that Woody Woodpecker, just like Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry were shorts originally shown and made for movie theaters and were not made for TV, even though many of us 1st discovered them on TV.
My concern here is that Universal may be releasing the TV Show of Woody Woodpecker which was a 30 minute show with 3 shorts and a new opening and closing credits but these versions also dropped the universal opening logo, sometimes changed or dropped the original credits and sometimes were time sped. I hope this ad is just misleading and that they are releasing Woody in the original theatrical versions just like the Looney Toons sets and not the Woody Woodpecker show for TV.
I always enjoyed Woody Woodpecker as much as the Looney Toons especially the early 1940's ones when Woody was even crazier than Daffy Duck.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I second the motion, but the fact that Universal controls these doesn't leave me overly optimistic.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I think I read somewhere , perhaps from the Digital Bits, that it will in fact be the TV Show . That would be a shame.

Steve_P

Grip
Hey, I wouldn't mind if they put Woody Woodpecker from 1999 (aired on Fox here in the States) on DVD. Hell, I actually did (and still do) like that version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsystems82
Recent bookmarks