What's new
World Wide Stereo

Wiring confusion (1 Viewer)

Hampton

Auditioning
I have the following setup: a DLP projector,receiver w/5.1 surround sound, and DVD player...nothing major here.

My problem comes up when I decided to add satellite tv to my entertainment system. I can't run the projector to switch from DVD player over to satellite tv, i.e. the S-Video cable from the projector has to be plugged into either the DVD player or plugged into the satellite box. What do I need to do here so that I can switch from one to the another by just the touch of a button and not swapping cables?????I'm confused. Please help.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Many recievers offer SVideo switching. You feed the SVideo from the DVD player and the Sat box to the reciever, then 1 SVideo cable to the projector. Now the reciever is used to control both the audio and video selection (makes is simpler to use).

Or you can buy a external switch box that lets you feed 4 sources to your projector. These can run as little as $40 from Radio Shack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks