What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Will X-Files Movie Appear On Mythology DVD Set 3? (1 Viewer)

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this question was more appropriate as on its own rather than part of the "Quick X-Files Guide" thread since this is a separate DVD question.

Mythology Set 1 was released today, and Set 2 is coming in August (the contents of which are already known -- it starts with Nisei from Season 3 goes up to Redux II from Season 5).

The back of Mythology Set 1 notes the complete mythology story arc is 60 episodes. Based on the episodes (check TVTome for a complete list), it seems like the X-Files Movie should be in the mythology set (and count for 2 episodes):

Mythology Set 3 (S5 to the very beginning of S7)

Disc 1: Christmas Carol (1) / Emily (2) / Patient X (1) / The Red and The Black (2)

Disc 2: The End / X-Files: Fight The Future / The Beginning

Disc 3: Dreamland (1) / Dreamland II (2) / Two Fathers (1) / One Son (2)

Disc 4: Biogenesis (1) / The Sixth Extinction (2) / The Sixth Extinction II: Amor Fati (3)

Mythology Set 4 (S7 to the end of S9)

Disc 1: Sein und Zeit (1) / Closure (2) / Requiem / Within (1)

Disc 2: Without (2) / This Is Not Happening (1) / DeadAlive (2) / Essence (1)

Disc 3: Existence (2) / Nothing Important... (1) / Nothing Important... II (2) / Provenance (1)

Disc 4: Providence (2) / The Truth (1) / The Truth (2)

I would consider the X-Files Movie a part of the mythology arc. Do the lists above seem reasonable?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I really doubt the movie will be part of the mythology sets (eventhough it is part of the mythology).

And your list seems like a good guess to me. Dreamland I and II may not make the set. I think S.R. 819 and Trust No 1 should be there instead but that would break up storylines onto separate sets which they probably won't do. In short, I think your list is pretty darn close:)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I've ordered the first set, Since Fox owns both it's Doable but it would probably increase the Set's Price and we all probably own the thing anyhow. How about a Placeholder in the Set for it, or an Insert Movie Slide in between Episodes.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Isn't the purpose of these sets to give casual fans a lower price point for the series? The movie's only ten bucks at Best Buy now. Really doubt we'll see it included.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
As Travis mentioned, I'm not sure Dreamland 1 & 2 would qualify. If Red Museum qualified for the first set then SR 619 should definitely be on there and probably the Season Seven Scully/CSM episode (forgot the name of it).

I might also put that Season Eight episode on the oil rig that involved the Black Oil (Vienin?) on there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks