What's new

WHV Press Release: The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary (Blu-ray 3D)(Blu-ray)(DVD) (1 Viewer)

What version of Oz are you (or not) purchasing?

• Total voters

Hal F

Stunt Coordinator
darkrock17 said:
Why does WB photoshop Oz as much as it does. Here is some of there recent photoshpoping.

First up is the upcoming box set cover and below it is the same image from the movie.

Notice anything different?
woz75thcoledsplip9f08b1.jpg

wizard-of-oz-caps-the-wizard-of-oz-2028967-720-536.jpg

Why did WB photoshop out The Tin Man's heart and axe? Where's The Lion's red hair bow? I could understand changing The Scarecrow, The Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion's expressions from sad to happy, but why photoshop out their gifts from The Wizard though?
Dunno the reason for the deletions. However, the Tin Man is still holding an axe in the "photoshopped version".

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Hal F said:
Dunno the reason for the deletions. However, the Tin Man is still holding an axe in the "photoshopped version".
Oh, I thought they photoshopped out the Tin Man's axe. Did they think that the gifts from Oz where too much of a giveway?

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I went to put my Wizard of Oz in yesterday, and the hub on the disc is cracked. It won't play. At all. Everything on that first disc is gone.

So....are all the extras from disc 1 of the the 70th box carrying over to the 75th?

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I don't think that is missing. The press release said that all extras from the last edition are being ported over. There is a new documentary being included as well. Unfortunately, since they aren't fixing the issues with the last edition, I will pass on this and any future release until the problems are rectified. This is one of the most protected and preserved films in history as well as the most-loved, and the fact the the transfer has any issues at all when it shouldn't is a disgrace and almost unbelievable.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am merely repeating what I have said previously in this thread....

I have attempted several times to find out if the 2D version is a
new master or the same version that was included in the 70th
Anniversary release.

The fact that the studio would not comment and actually raved
about the transfer quality of the previous release (as they should),
leads me to believe that this is the same release.

I cannot confirm 100%, but anyone who has any fear about buying
what they may have already should wait until the sets are released
and read reviews from qualified reviewers to find out if there are
any improvements whatsoever.

Of course, if you are going for the 3D release, as I am, then there
should be no worries.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks for the heads up. I canceled the larger set from amazon and ordered the WM one. Hated to do it... those medals look nifty. But ultimately, it's the movie. :) $50 difference is hard to ignore.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Glad i waited and bought the WM one too. Do already have the 70th Anniversary but since i do have the box sets of Casablanca, Gone With The Wind, Ben Hur, and The Ten Commndments this one will fit in nicely.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I would buy this set if the reported glitches were resolved, there was an improvement in picture and sound, and the new documentary had something fresh and new, like the BladeRunner set's Dangerous Days documentary.

This means I will need to wait to hear from some of you before I decide to buy.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I've tried everything I can to get WB to listen. I wrote them last summer, I wrote them this year, I had several friends write them...all snail mail letters. I created a Facebook page "WB Please Fix The Wizard of Oz on Blu-Ray." I went to every forum I could to let people know. So, I did my best. If the film hasn't been fixed, I will not be silent. I will continue my campaign. Just because they made it pretty doesn't mean that they did they jobs.....you don't alter a classic for no reason.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I tried ordering Wiz from WM online, used my CC first and it was canceled, then used paypal and it was canceled. Anyone else having problems getting WM to take your money? They must know I'm trying to save money or something.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just ordered it. It went thru ok. Haven't received the confirmation email yet.

As I ordered it I noticed that down below, WM was offering other blu's I might be interested in, one of which is the big box o' stuff for almost $74. Face it guys, they've got the wrong image up there and we aren't going to get that big box.

And my confirmation email just arrived.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
If they cancel yours that will follow the order comf.

I honestly don't know what's going on. I wish my credit sucked so it would explain it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks