What's new

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: The Lair of the White Worm (Blu-ray SteelBook) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CleanShot 2024-03-19 at 12.01.21@2x.png

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Embark on a horror-fantasy adventure with Hugh Grant when The Lair of the White Worm arrives on May 14th, available on Blu-ray™ SteelBook® from Lionsgate. With art by Vance Kelly, this SteelBook® is a striking reimagining of the 1988 horror romp. The Lair of the White Worm will be available for the suggested retail price of $23.99 for Blu-ray™ SteelBook® , exclusively at Walmart.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
Hugh Grant, Amanda Donohoe, and Catherine Oxenberg star in this mix of heart-stopping horror and campy humor. James D’Ampton (Grant) returns to his country castle in England. Legend has it that James’s distant ancestor once slayed the local dragon — a monstrous white worm with a fondness for the sweet flesh of virgins. The young lord dismisses the legend as folklore, until archaeology student Angus Flint explores James’s property and unearths a massive reptilian skull and a pagan snake god’s ancient site of worship. When James’s virtuous girlfriend, Eve Trent (Oxenberg), suddenly disappears, James and Angus set out to investigate the foreboding cavern said to be the worm’s lair, where a centuries-old mystery begins to uncoil.

SPECIAL FEATURES (Previously Released)
  • Audio Commentaries:
    • Director Ken Russell
    • Lisi Russell, in conversation with Film Historian Matthew Melia
  • Featurette: “Worm Food: The Effects of The Lair of the White Worm
  • Interviews
    • “Cutting for Ken” with Editor Peter Davies
    • “Mary, Mary” with Actress Sammi Davis
  • Trailers and Gallery
    • “Trailers from Hell” featuring Producer Dan Ireland
    • Theatrical Trailers
    • Still Gallery

CAST
Amanda Donohoe TV’s “LA Law,” Liar, Liar
Hugh Grant Wonka, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
Catherine Oxenberg TV’s “Dynasty,” “Watch Over Me”
Peter Capaldi TV’s “Doctor Who,” The Suicide Squad
Sammi Davis Four Rooms, A Prayer for the Dying

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: The Lair of the White Worm © 1988 Vestron Pictures Inc. Artwork & Supplementary Materials ®, ™ & © 2024 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Catalog Re-Release
Rating: R
Genre: Horror, Comedy
Closed-Captioned: N/A
Subtitles: English SDH
Run Time: 94 Minutes
BD Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 Widescreen (1.78:1) Presentation
BD Audio: Original 2.0 Stereo Audio (DTS)
Artist Information: Vance Kelly

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
WORM is a lot of fun, almost as outrageous as some of Russell's earlier, bigger budget extravaganzas. Amanda Donohue writhing out of her snake basket was a hoot.

donohue.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm guessing these are ordered via the web site only. If they put that cover in stores, they'll scare the bejeezus out of some kids looking in the same section for the latest Care Bears DVD.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I went to see a screening of this in the early 1990s at a repertory theater near my college, having never seen any other Ken Russell movies before. I had no idea what the hell to make of it. Still not sure that I do even now.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
It's a hoot and this is good for fans. For me, it was good watching once and I'm done. And I'm a Russell fan. I'd much rather have "The Devils".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks