What's new

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Cutthroat Island (1995) (4k UHD Combo SteelBook) (Walmart Exclusive) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
cut.png

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The course has been set for Cutthroat Island, arriving on SteelBook® April 2 exclusively at Walmart from Lionsgate. Prepare the weapons and summon the courage to return to this Geena Davis classic. This release of Cutthroat Island marks the first time the film is available on 4K UHD + Blu-rayTM + Digital SteelBook® for the suggested retail price of $39.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
Geena Davis and Matthew Modine deliver a tidal wave of nonstop action and adventure in this swashbuckling saga of ruthless pirates, buried treasure, and bloodthirsty betrayal.

CAST
Geena Davis Thelma & Louise, The Long Kiss Goodnight, The Fly
Matthew Modine Full Metal Jacket, The Dark Knight Rises, TV’s “Stranger Things”
Frank Langella Frost/Nixon, Robot & Frank, The Box
Maury Chaykin My Cousin Vinny, Dances with Wolves, WarGames
Patrick Malahide The World Is Not Enough, The Long Kiss Goodnight, The Singing Detective
Stan Shaw The Monster Squad, Daylight, Rising Sun

4K UHD SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The Adventure of a Lifetime: Making Cutthroat Island
  • Charting the Course: Creating Cutthroat Island
  • Across the Bow: Editing Cutthroat Island
  • Summon Your Courage: Scoring Cutthroat Island
  • Ecce Pirate: A Short Film by Matthew Modine
  • Audio Commentary from Director Renny Harlin
  • Making of
  • Behind the Scenes
  • Storyboards
  • Interviews
  • Original Trailer
PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: © 1995 Cutthroat Productions L.P. Package Design and Summary: © 2024 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. CutThroat Island and Design is a trademark of CutThroat Distribution Inc.
Type: Catalog Re-Release
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy
Closed-Captioned: N/A
Subtitles: French, German, English SDH
Run Time: 124 Minutes
4K UHD Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 (2.35:1) Presentation
4K UHD Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, English 2.0 PCM Stereo, French and German 5.1 DTS-HD Master AudioTM
Artist Information: Luke Preece

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I find this tidbit from Cutthroat Island's Wikipedia page hilarious because it implies that there were a whole boatload [pun intended] of pirate-themed movies being made before this one flopped:
Not to mention Muppet Treasure Island came out a year later and was one of the higher-grossing Muppet movies at the time. I don't think audiences were anti-pirate, they just didn't want to see Cutthroat Island.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Odd choice... I own a copy on DVD. It's... OK... but nothing special. I've only watched that disc once and feel no need to upgrade. I purchased it solely to see Geena Davis in a pirate costume...

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim

Tried to watch "CutThroat Island" a few times over the years but, alas...always got strangely so bored, then cut it off early. Always thought Geena Davis didn't work here in this 1995 film, carefully directed by Renny Harlin, both of whom I ordinary like.

However, a Deja vu-whiplashing 1 year later, Davis was terrific in the entertaining 1996's actioner "Long Kiss Goodnight," also directed by Harlin. .......strange.

↑↑ JoeDoakes 4-hour expanded Summer of Sam comment made me blast out laughing.

200.gif

TallPaulInKy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul W Urbahns
Rating: PG-13?

For some reason they have never issued on digital media the original XXX rated version. It's much better. I only saw it once, on a VHS tape I borrowed from a friend. Can't remember who put it out, and haven't seen one for sale. That friend is now deceased. If you have a copy please message me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Rating: PG-13?

For some reason they have never issued on digital media the original XXX rated version. It's much better. I only saw it once, on a VHS tape I borrowed from a friend. Can't remember who put it out, and haven't seen one for sale. That friend is now deceased. If you have a copy please message me.

What?

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Wow. The 4K release no one was waiting for. Next up, the 4 hour expanded Summer of Sam.

Now that is harsh - one man's stinker is another man's masterpiece guilty pleasure :)

I contemplated watching it a few times but then decided not to as I am not a big fan of pirate movies anyway so why should I watch a big box office failure pirate movie?

So thinking it would never happen anyway I made myself a sneaky promise to watch it only when it is released on UHD disc and now look at this :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There is an adult movie called Pirates that was edited to a R rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks