3D WHV Press Release: Dial M For Murder (3D Blu-ray) and Strangers On A Train (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    I'll post just one more, from Blu-ray.com, but there are legions more examples of people having ghosting problems with DIAL M FOR MURDER specifically. Something went wrong somewhere with this release.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by majorkonig41 [​IMG]
    Just watched this and the ringing was much ado about nothing. However, I don't know if it is my display or the disc, but I had an incredible about of ghosting going on throughout. Despite that, I felt it looked pretty good considering how bad this film has always looked. Anyone else have the ghosting problem?
    Yes, I did have the ghosting problem, and I don't think it's my (active) tv. I very rarely have ghosting or crosstalk issues. Again, it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie, but I am a little apprehensive about a (hopefully)
    future release of House of Wax.

2. GregK

GregK Screenwriter

Nothing went wrong with this release. It's your given display. See this post for details:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/321465-a-few-words-aboutâ„¢-top-gun-3d-in-blu-ray/?p=3929177

Or pick up the new Spears and Munsil Bluray test disc which also has 3D test patterns if you need further confirmation.

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    There is no ghosting on my Mitsubishi DLP display. But that's a given. :)

4. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

5. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson
    If there's no problem with this release, then WHY do so many only have ghosting with this release and not others?

6. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson
    And if CREATURE looks great on my setup, how would high contrast, objects placed in Z space, etc. have any bearing on DIAL M? The ENTIRE THING looks like ghosted garbage, whereas CREATURE, which has scenes of high contrast and much deeper, more effective use of 3D throughout, looked absolutely great.

7. Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore Supporting Actor

Todd Moore
    I just watched this on Friday for the third time and saw no ghosting whatsoever. None. Nada. Zip. Zero. Not a single frame. And I apparently am hardly the only one.

8. EddieLarkin

EddieLarkin Supporting Actor

Nick
    It's not just a problem with DIAL M. I don't know if you've seen it yourself, but HUGO has ghosting just as bad on my active plasma, but less frequently.

If your TV/Projector is compatible, you might want to invest in some RF glasses rather than IR too. They are more effective at eliminating ghosting.

9. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    That's the type of display I used for my reviewOf Dial M 3D. No issues on my end either.

10. RolandL

RolandL Producer

Roland Lataille
    On my Sony KDL55NX810 I did notice some ghosting in certain scenes especially at the end of HUGO but, most of it is eliminated on my Panasonic AE8000U front projector.

11. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    I noted ghosting on HUGO as well, but chalked it up to the combination of my plasma display and extreme contrast elements (bright lights on dark backgrounds, which are prevalent in scenes of Hugo's living quarters and the areas behind the clocks).

12. JSul

JSul Stunt Coordinator

Barnes & Noble have 40% off all blurays.....good time to grab up DMFM/3d for just over 20 bucks

13. RolandL

RolandL Producer

Roland Lataille
    I went to their web site and its $35.99. It's not listed under their 40% off list.

14. JSul

JSul Stunt Coordinator

Must be an 'in store only' sale?Was at my local BN and had signs up, all blurays 40 % off....