What's new

Who is a fan of James Bond soundtracks? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
No new Bond this time. I don't know if La La Land confirmed it but the theory on Facebook is that they want to tie-in a Bond CD release with No Time To Die's theatrical release so it was delayed.

On the plus side, they're putting out Freaky, two Jerry Goldsmith volumes (one with Von Ryan's Express/The Blue Max and The Detective/The Flim-Flam Man on the other), The Karate Kid Part III, Tremors and The X-Files: Volume Four (!).

Thanks for the update.

Maybe something will happen in April then.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
If La La Land has a planned release of Bond soundtracks, and if they have a budget to do a nice complete release then hopefully they were able to collect all the tapes. I have all the CDs from the 1993 effort that Lukas Kendall produced. I recall he said that at the time, he had a limited budget and limits to what tracks were included in some of the scores. And there were missing tapes. Notably i read that most of Octopussy is lost in France.

I do hope that each track will be edited and arranged in order as they appear in each film too. But I know this is just a dream. :)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
If La La Land has a planned release of Bond soundtracks, and if they have a budget to do a nice complete release then hopefully they were able to collect all the tapes. I have all the CDs from the 1993 effort that Lukas Kendall produced. I recall he said that at the time, he had a limited budget and limits to what tracks were included in some of the scores. And there were missing tapes. Notably i read that most of Octopussy is lost in France.

I do hope that each track will be edited and arranged in order as they appear in each film too. But I know this is just a dream. :)

It’s a bit mysterious in terms of what was stated and what it actually means.

2002-2003 not 1993

Also Lukas regrets choosing to expand live and let die over the man with the golden gun. It came down to time and cost though.

I’d love to see independent labels reissue all of the classic 007 soundtrack albums.

I hope it does happen at some point and I wish I understood the reluctance by eon to make it happen.

They went to great lengths to stop the re recording of the Moonraker score then didn’t release the official one in expanded form.

Yes the missing tapes. Missing is a confusing word used in the context of the tapes that were not looked for.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
My memory wasn’t fully engaged! Yes, you’re right, I was referring to the 2002-2003 releases. Only a decade off.

And yes, I was referring to the possibly lost Moonraker tapes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks