What's new

While we weren't paying attention Playstation Plus has gotten badass (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
RolandL said:
It does work fine but its the same demo game that I downloaded months ago. In the past, all PS+ free downloads for the PS3 were complete games not demos.
Weird. Nothing comes up on mine saying it's a demo, all the features are accessible. Is that the same on yours? Usually the demo version has stuff locked out. I never tried the demo though so I can't compare.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Russell G said:
Weird. Nothing comes up on mine saying it's a demo, all the features are accessible. Is that the same on yours? Usually the demo version has stuff locked out. I never tried the demo though so I can't compare.

When I compared the file size of the demo to what in on PS + they were the same. What is file size that you see for the game?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
RolandL said:
When I compared the file size of the demo to what in on PS + they were the same. What is file size that you see for the game?

I only tried the arcade mode and it didn't say anything, as well as nothing appearing on the main screen.

I wouldn't go by the file size. I've had a bunch of demos I've downloaded where it was pretty much the whole game, then if you by it it downloads a tiny file that unlocks the game play.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Strange that it doesn't say demo anymore. Looks the same as the demo but I have'nt finished it yet.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Tried some Guacamelee. While it's not a game that I'm going to play a lot, it's got panache! That's a kind of game I'd have loved in high school, playing with friends.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Guacamelee is awesome because it has a good style and the upgraded moves are fun, but its not so long that you are incredibly bored of it too quickly. I loved it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Morgan Jolley said:
Guacamelee is awesome because it has a good style and the upgraded moves are fun, but its not so long that you are incredibly bored of it too quickly. I loved it.
Maybe I'll play some more. I loved the start of it. Tried to get my wife into, but the combo moves are too much for her. I started losing a bit of interest as the map started looking like a maze. But it's so cool, I'll have to give it more time :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The map is kind of like Super Metroid in size. It's big enough to give you a few hours of gameplay, but not massive. I played an hour or two of Apotheon on PS4 and that game's map was a little too massive for my tastes, so I totally understand what you're saying.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I played a little more this weekend. It's a nicely forgiving game, overall. Challenging but not crushing even though I haven't memorized the combos. I'm realizing the map is more linear than I first thought. It looks more vast than it really is.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
DaveF said:
I played a little more this weekend. It's a nicely forgiving game, overall. Challenging but not crushing even though I haven't memorized the combos. I'm realizing the map is more linear than I first thought. It looks more vast than it really is.

I'm assuming you haven't gone all the way through it. If you are going for 100%, there are a few platforming sections that are just insane. :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No, I'm still fairly early on, I guess. But I'm not going for 100%. Just for fun if I've got 20 minutes (that is, enough time to video game, but not enough to load Destiny.)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Just spotted this. If you look at the current "Holiday Sale" on the PS+, you can get THOMAS IS ALONE for free on the PS4 if you're a PS+ member.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Russell G said:
Just spotted this. If you look at the current "Holiday Sale" on the PS+, you can get THOMAS IS ALONE for free on the PS4 if you're a PS+ member.

It's showing as $2.50 for me. (Assuming you mean THOMAS WAS ALONE. :) )

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Weird, it's showing free for me. I think it was free on the PS3 as a PS+ game of the month thing, maybe that triggered it as free for me since I downloaded that version and didn't realise it was on the PS4?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Yeah, it's cross buy, so if you already own it on PS3 then it will be free for PS4. You didn't realize that originally because it didn't get ported over to PS4 until way after it had already been put out on PS3.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Past couple of months, for me, PS+ has been less than bad-ass. Seems to be continuing in may. Only one I'm remotely interested in is Tropico 5, maybe Bionic commando

Full Lineup
  • Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, PS3
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta, PS Vita
  • LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, PS3
  • Switch Galaxy Ultra, PS4, PS Vita
  • Table Top Racing: World Tour, PS4
  • Tropico 5, PS4

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Now that PS Plus is required for most PS4 online play, the need to offer A-list freebies is not what it once was. Oh well, free is free. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks