What's new

While we weren't paying attention Playstation Plus has gotten badass (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I have been playing Remnant recently. Another free game. Didn't like it at first with having difficulty with the Bosses but playing co-op is a lot easier.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Reading the tech news, Sony has been giving away free games. I powered up my PS4 (first time since late 2019) and I couldn’t find any way to get these games.

My impression was the recent Ratchet & Clank freebie and others weren’t tied to PS+ Paid membership.

So, would i need the PS+ membership to get the latest free games or is there a path in the game store I need to look for? Thanks.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Reading the tech news, Sony has been giving away free games. I powered up my PS4 (first time since late 2019) and I couldn’t find any way to get these games.

My impression was the recent Ratchet & Clank freebie and others weren’t tied to PS+ Paid membership.

So, would i need the PS+ membership to get the latest free games or is there a path in the game store I need to look for? Thanks.

You need PS + to get Remnant. You should see Free after selecting Games in the store.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bummer. (I'm not paying for PS+ currently. The press implied that paid PS+ membership wasn't required for the recent games giveaways.)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
More free games.

Select Play at Home for nine free games.

Select Deals then MORE GAMES ADDED then sort by Price: Low-High and you will see Ratchet & Clark for free.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"No PlayStation Plus membership is required, meaning you can keep these games forever"

So I don't need PS+? How do I get to these to redeem? I was on my PS4 and I couldn't find how to search and find free games without a paid PS+. (Is this what it's like to get old? Am I turning into my father? :) )

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
"No PlayStation Plus membership is required, meaning you can keep these games forever"

So I don't need PS+? How do I get to these to redeem? I was on my PS4 and I couldn't find how to search and find free games without a paid PS+. (Is this what it's like to get old? Am I turning into my father? :) )
Just go into the PlayStation Store and look for a tile with the words "Play at Home" on it. If you still can't find it, go to the "Play at Home" page on the website. Just sign into your account and you should be able to claim them there.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Just go into the PlayStation Store and look for a tile with the words "Play at Home" on it. If you still can't find it, go to the "Play at Home" page on the website. Just sign into your account and you should be able to claim them there.
Ratchet and Clank isn’t there. Did I miss it? I thought it was free through at least tomorrow. Ah well.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Ratchet and Clank isn’t there. Did I miss it? I thought it was free through at least tomorrow. Ah well.
Although it's part of the March promotion, it was offered before the others (beginning of the month), so it might not be part of that group. Click the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the store page and search for "Ratchet" - it came up as free for me when I wasn't signed in. Otherwise, you're out of luck I'm afraid.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I cannot help you with how to find it and download it, but I can definitively say that it should still be free today, and today only. Tomorrow it will go back to being a paid download.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I wasn't sure if I got it for free, but it looks like i did based on the search I just did:

1617218681160.png

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think there's been a bunch of great games but I have GamePass Ultimate, Switch Online + Expansion Pak, and PS+ Premium so I haven't really paid for a new game this whole year. I'm doing a horror game sprint to Halloween and just played Man of Medan last weekend, plan to play Little Hope this weekend, and both are on PS+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks