What's new

Which news network do you guys watch? (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I LOVE watching Imus in the Morning on MSNBC. I don't know who thought of it, but they're geniuses. Alot of his content is news-related anyway, with many of his guests being politicians or journalists and the like. It's a really great fit.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
The 'BBC America' channel does show BBC news, but only sporadically. A few months ago, the BBC introduced a new channel, 'BBC World', devoted to news 24-hrs. a day. However, thus far, only one cable system in the U.S. (I believe the system is located in New York) carries or distributes this new channel. I wish DIRECTV would add this new channel, but it seems unlikely. A few weeks ago, I signed a petition (at, I believe, ipetitions) asking DIRECTV to add this new channel. Mine was the second or third signature. As of now, there is a grand total of nine (!) signatures on the petition.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I heard some weeks ago that BBC was planing on introducing a news program (perhaps a channel?) to the American market. It would be a more "entertaining" (read dumbed down) version of their news programs, complete with multiple anchors yapping back and forth the way they do here :rolleyes.

--
H

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Huh? I know they show BBC World News at least twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. Any number of web sites and blogs will cover angles and talk about things you just won't see on TV.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I watch:
CNN
Local news on the NBC affiliate
Meet the Press

I read online:
Washington Post
NY Times
Des Moines Register
CNN
MSNBC
Google News

I listen to:
NPR (75% of time driving)

For entertainment:
Daily Show
Colbert

For breaking stories:
Flip around all networks for best coverage

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

Here's what I don't understand. As far as I know, "Imus in the Morning" has always been a 4 and a half hour program on the radio. MSNBC has never aired the first half hour, from 5:30 AM - 6:00 AM Eastern. I can't get the show on the radio so I'm not sure what goes on for those first thirty minutes. When MSNBC began televising the program in September 1996, they chose to broadcast only three hours, from 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM Eastern. In 2000 or 2001, MSNBC began televising the last (4th) hour of the show and did so until the September 11th, 2001 attacks. After the attacks, the show was preempted on MSNBC (quite understandably) for a long while. They eventually brought it back, showing only two hours at first, then three. But they've never gotten back to showing the last (4th) hour from 9:00 to 10:00 EST. I wish I knew why. From what I hear, "Imus in the Morning" is MSNBC's top rated show, so you would think they'd want to show all of it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd say it's because of the extremely high level of news right now, but since they seem to be spending most of their coverage on Jon-Benet Ramsey stuff it can't be that busy news-wise.
Do you know what the "freedom from IMUS" countdown on the wall in the MSNBC studios is about?

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

That refers to how much time is left until Don leaves his New Mexico ranch that he's currently broadcasting from and returns to join Charles at MSNBC Studios in Secaucus, New Jersey. (on Tuesday, September 5th, Monday being the Labor Day holiday) Don always broadcasts from the ranch during June, July, and August. I don't think too many people at MSNBC care for Imus, hence their "Freedom from Imus" banner. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks