What's new

Which digital camera do you have? (2 Viewers)

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
Haris:
How's the Canon see in the dark? The Sony has built-in infrared illuminators that are very similar in result to night vision goggles (which I have -- I'm such a tech-geek), although the two technologies work completely differently. The end result is the same, though: they both see in pitch-dark, with a green tint. I wasn't aware that the Canon had that capability.
-Erik

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
the problem with view finders on almost ALL digital camera's except for SLR models is you're not looking through the lens of the camera so framing the shot with a view finder can be inaccurate, with the LCD you're seeing the Image the CCD is seeing as it will be saved which is just like looking through an SLR so I like it alot better, the battery last's quite a while aroun 80 minutes or so depending on Flash use, there is a AC/DC adapter available for about 20 bux, and an extra battery will run you around 20 bux as well. My only beef with the camera was no TV out, CF type 1 only so no using the Micro Drives in it, and thats bout it. other than that I love it, its small, light, takes great shots which I'll post some up tonight went to bed way early last night, and the swivel is great especially in crowds cuz you can hold it over the crowd still see the screen and take a picture.
The parallax error thing is not an issue except for close-ups but what makes it useless is when you use the zoom (Whether it's Optical And/Or Digital) so that's why I'll just use the LCD. As for battery length, that 80 minutes is total time using the LCD screen, browsing menus and taking pictures right? If I set the auto-off power save mode to the shortest setting I should be able to lasts rather long? With 2 batteries I should be fine I guess.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Which digital camera do you have?
Olympus C3000Z 3.34 MegaPixel.

Used for all my digital pic's @ Webshots Star Trek & MISC Collectables and GeoCities** Toshiba 50H81 50" 16:9 TheaterWide HDTV Digital Pics (5 webpages).

**NOTE: Because my website is 'FREE', hosted by GeoCities, if too many HT enthusiasts visit, GeoCities will shut it down for an hour or so because it exceeded the specified 'freebie' Data Transfer Rate. Sorry about that, just bookmark it and visit my site an hour later or when everyone has gone to bed!

Phil

Brandon_S

Second Unit
I am digging up this thread because I just purchased a Canon A40 today. I was wondering what kind of changes you guys with the A40 made to the default settings? I want to be able to get the best quality pictures possible out of the camera. Thanks :).

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Update on my camera -

On Monday I pre-ordered a Canon 10D digital SLR body from Onecall. I've been itching for a D-SLR for a long time now and decided it's finally time to commit. I really like the Canon lens system.

So once my 10D arrives, my Sony 717 goes up on Ebay. I really liked the Sony but there are some things I want in a camera that it can't do.

The Sony is capable of some really nice stuff, this is one of the photos I'm most proud of, it's my friend's son.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I have a Kodak DC280 and just upgraded to a Nikon Cp 4300 last Saturday. I like it so much, I'm returning it for the 5700 this afternoon! :D

Cam S

Screenwriter
The G2 is type II compatible, but the G3 is also Fat32 compatible, which means it can take the new super memory which is 1gb+.

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
oh...sorry...i probably should have worded the question better...

the 32mb CF card that comes with the G2....is it type one or two...

Cam S

Screenwriter
Jason, the 32mb card is Type I. Type II cards are usually large in size and fast. All the Microdrives are Type II and alot of the Compact Flash cards as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks