What's new

Which digital camera do you have? (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Kodak DC 4800 3.1 MP...probably will retire in a few months to be replaced with a Nikon CoolPix 5700 5MP...

Seth_S

Second Unit
Olympus C-4040

The marigold in the center is slightly out of focus (I was a tad too close - the cut-off one in the bottom is much sharper - best way to test out a digital camera is by its macro lense), but the colors and textures are dead on accurate.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
My mom just got a Nikon Coolpix 5700 also, and she seems to like it alot. I honestly don't know much about digital cameras, but I have used it a little, seems nice.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The Nikon Coolpix 4500. Indeed they're certainly learning it now and the 5700 must even be better.

Cees

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
FujiFilm MX1300.. nothing fancy, simple point-and-shoot... 1.3MP is good enough :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Canon PowerShot S40. I love it! I had an Olympus Z3030, and didn't like it. It was a pain to use. The S45 that Haris just bought is an updated version of my camera.

Shane Bos

Second Unit
2 Canon Powershot G2 4 megapixel (I love these cameras)
1 Canon A30 1.3 megapixel
1 Kodak (sorry can't remember the model number but it's a 1.3 megapixel camera)

The next one will probably be the Canon Powershot S200 (becasue of the size) The G2's are just too big to carry on vacation.

Seth_S

Second Unit
For anyone looking to buy, just keep in mind that you not only have to look at image quality on the computer screen, but also how it looks when printed out. There's definitely discrepancies between the two with some cameras.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Canon Powershot G3 here, with Canon 420EX flash.

With that excellent flash, no redeye, and much more natural shots as you can bounce the flash off the ceiling or wall. Throw in an index card to highlight the faces...

Very versatile camera because of the flash hotshoe and bayonet mount

How a picture prints out is very much dependent on if your monitor and printer are calibrated or not. If you don't calibrate, what you see on the monitor and what you get in print will always be different, regardless of camera used! Printers do not have nearly the gamut of a computer monitor, but on the other hand some of the new photo-printers exceed the monitor gamut in some color ranges (such as green).

If you open a picture in photoshop, be sure you have selected the correct working color space. Usually cameras embed SRGB into the picture information, so that should be your Photoshop working space.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i have the Kodak DX4900, takes great shots, ive taken 2000+ pictures with it, and never fails. decent battery life too. in total, ive had 3 Kodaks, starting with the Kodak DC210+, and then to the Kodak DC3400. in all, ive taken over 6000 pictures. i have a few of them on my website, cjr89.tripod.com and a couple of them have been fooled with photoshop, i hope you can tell which ones. the prints look amazing as well.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks