What's new

Where does the .1 go with no sub? (1 Viewer)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Now that I've set my sights on upgrading in the next couple of months, I'm trying to understand better how everything works together here. Currently I have my SVS handling the .1 duties as dished out by my pre/pro. If I tell the pre/pro I have no sub, though, what happens to all the information in the .1 channel?? Do I just lose it, or will that signal be sent to the mains just like the center channel info is sent to the them when I choose "no" for the center channel?

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
doubtful he can set the fronts to "small" if the sub is set to "off" (or "no sub")

and most ht receivers will properly reroute the lfe info to the front speakers when set up with the sub "off" (or "no sub") and fronts "large".

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Thanks guys....just tried it....surprising amount of bass from the studio/100s, but quite a drastic (for the worse) difference w/out the SVS in the mix. I didn't realize how well the SVS blends in until I turned it off lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks