What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (4 Viewers)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Regulus said:
They did a MST3K Episode with Deep Throat, The Devil in Miss Jones, What's behind the Green Door and Debbie does Dallas?
Yup, the only episodes where they were at a complete loss for words, and where Dr. Forrester, TV's Frank, Torgo, Bobo and Observer all insisted in joining Joel, Mike and the 'bots in the theater! :biggrin:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Finally buying stuff again:
amazon.com
Little House on the Prairie 3rd Season blu pre-order. $17.89
Love Boat. Season 2 vol 1. $7.50. not baaad! (vol 2 is about $10 more, booooo)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Today was my Birthday :biggrin: I used my "Birthday Money" to purchase GI Joe - The Complete Series for the Big River's "Marketplace" (Earlier this week I had an earlier order get :( CANCELLED :(). This time I was able to get another set for about $10.00 : :rock: CHEAPER :banana: than the one that got cancelled. :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
I'm currently importing loads of US classic TV on DVD at the moment. Latest to arrive here from across the pond is Dragnet S3, ADAM-12 S3 and Tales From The Crypt. S1&2

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Regulus said:
Today was my Birthday :biggrin: I used my "Birthday Money" to purchase GI Joe - The Complete Series for the Big River's "Marketplace" (Earlier this week I had an earlier order get :( CANCELLED :(). This time I was able to get another set for about $10.00 : :rock: CHEAPER :banana: than the one that got cancelled. :laugh: :rolling-smiley:
Crazy man Crazy. Happy BD!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - S7 (another complete)
Scrubs - S6, S8
Scooby Doo: Where Are You? - S1, S2 (As far as I'm concerned it's complete as this is the full original series)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Scrubs - S7
Bonanza - S3/V1
Chance in a Million - Complete Collection

Susan, once you've watched some episodes of your Mr Lucky and Going My Way purchases how about posting your thoughts, both about the series and quality of prints, in the Is the b&w era of TV on DVD slowly coming to an end? thread. I'm sure there are several of us who'd like the added insight to aid with possible future purchases. :)

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
I haven't seen all of the episodes of either program, only a few. Both DVDs are highly watchable, but yes, at least with Going My Way I haven't seen any prints that were taken from 35mm prints so that they would look exactly as they looked when they aired. They look more like 16mm copies or something to that effect (I am not well versed in the technological aspect). Sometimes the soundtrack isn't that clear. The show itself is highly watchable. It was Gene Kelly's only television series. I am not so picky that I won't buy a series if it isn't absolutely perfect. We are lucky we have these shows at all.

With Mr. Lucky, I have been skipping around on it. It appears to me more than a few of these look like they are from 35mm prints. The soundtrack isn't absolutely flawless all the time.

Of course Timeless has that notice at the beginning of each DVD about imperfections and so forth.

Both of them are well worth the purchase if you aren't too picky about the picture and soundtrack.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
my copy of Little house season 3 blu ray made kind of a "THUD!" sound when the mailperson dropped it (maybe hard tossed) outside my door. the corner of the case was cracked. My dogs just exploded at the door when they did that. grrrr.... It's Nellie girls, sick em!!! lol

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Over the Summer I've bought:

The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp S.1
The Texan-The Complete Series (almost complete anyway)
Cimarron Strip-The Complete Series
Little House on the Prairie S.3
Kojak S.2 and S.3
Saturday Night Live S.1 and S.2
Parks and Recreation S.6
The New Normal-The Complete Series
Once Upon a Time S.1 and S.2
Grimm S.3
Sleepy Hollow S.1
Person of Interest S.3

Those should keep me busy throughout the winter!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks