What's new

What's the deal with Power Rangers? (1 Viewer)

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator
Saw a few reruns of MMPR the other weekend, came online all ready to buy the first season set and relive more childhood memories - was surprised to see not only have they not been released, but evidently there aren't even plans for them. I figured this would be a no-brainer. I see that some of the newer series have been released in bits and pieces, but I'd only be interested in the first 2 seasons. I read up on some old threads about how Disney owns the show now and doesn't have any plans to release them in the immediate future...has there been any news since then? Even rumors?

Could there possibly be some rights issues since a good portion of the show is made up of the Japanese footage? I can't imagine that the folks at Disney believe there would be no interest in season sets.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Disney has issues with releasing season sets of its shows. I don't think it has anything to do with the Japanese stock footage; that's all paid for. Disney just doesn't get it, about season sets. There's dozens and dozens of cartoon series that they control, as well as 1/2 hour dramas and comedies that have aired on the Disney Channel. Hardly any of them get to season sets; just "best ofs" with 3 or 4 eps. That's all we ever seem to get.

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the clarification. I don't currently own any TV shows on DVD, but I'd love to have those first two seasons. It's a shame.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Disney are incredibly stupid, but maybe they get the right idea when the target audience is people with small allowances - expensive season sets probably are not the best idea, but I can't imagine their best ofs work out much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks