What's new

The Complete Lone Ranger on DVD? (2 Viewers)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Thanks to my recent revisit of Maverick, I'm now interested in reconnecting with The Lone Ranger TV series, which used to air at lunchtime for several summers in my childhood. Being a bit of a completist, I'd love to seek out the entire 200+ episodes, but the only set that I can find that is complete is an OOP Collector's Edition that goes for princely sums on eBay!

There is a DVD set that contains the first two seasons of Clayton Moore, but there seem to be many DVD releases of the series. Does anybody know if the rest of the series--including the colour episodes and Moore's temporary replacement--are available on disc as well, or could point me to a site that would have the info? Poring over Amazon's listings for info is very frustrating! ;)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The only set I know of is long OOP - as you've discovered:

I passed on it because of the packaging thinking a non-book version would be issued. It never was.

I had to settle for these 2 releases:

First 2 seasons:

Same material in newer, less expensive, packaging from Universal instead of Classic Media:

21 episodes from Season 5:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
All the episodes are up at YouTube. It appears to be a legal verified upload. The "About" page is signed.. "Classic Media". These are the same time-sped episodes that are on the Complete Collector's Collection set.

All the B&W episodes used the color opening in B&W. None of the episodes have the second part of the opening, "...with his faithful Indian companion, Tonto...".

Different uploader, showing the full 'Tonto' B&W opening.

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I lucked out and got the deluxe set on sale . Luckily , all my discs played ok and are now stored in plastic cases. The packaging itself is very nice, but not good for the discs.
If you can find one at a reasonable price, I’d say go for it.
But it’s odd that the later seasons remain out of print. The Lone Ranger was such an iconic characters!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I lucked out and got the deluxe set on sale . Luckily , all my discs played ok and are now stored in plastic cases. The packaging itself is very nice, but not good for the discs.
If you can find one at a reasonable price, I’d say go for it.
But it’s odd that the later seasons remain out of print. The Lone Ranger was such an iconic characters!
I purchased the 30-disc Collector's Edition back in 2018 for $150 on eBay which was too much for edited episodes. I'd rather own a complete Roy Rogers collection.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I'm hoping for a re-release of the 1980 Filmation animated series The New Adventures of the Lone Ranger, which has also been out of print for a long while. I see Classic TV Shop has a blu ray available but it seems to be a bootleg production.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Yeah that's a fan created website. Not official in the slightest.
I figured as much. Never bought any of those shady fan-created releases, but for some properties they seem to be the only option. So maybe I'll cave in one day.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I purchased the 30-disc Collector's Edition back in 2018 for $150 on eBay which was too much for edited episodes. I'd rather own a complete Roy Rogers collection.
A quality Roy Rogers set would be awesome. Do the masters still exist?
I’ve heard Dusty Rogers let them deteriorate-.any one know?

DMovieFan

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Finally gave up waiting for an HD release and picked a set of The complete series up. Pretty certain an HD release will never ever happen, not a physical one anyway and not as nice as this last one (despite the syndication prints). Yes there are ways of getting them bootleg, but playing straight directly from physical media still gives the absolute best PQ in my experience. Streaming is convenient, but I have just always loved a physical media option. Pretty Expensive now. Got it brand new and still factory sealed. Amazing set.
Will go nicely with these that I still have yet to open.

Attachments

• 20220428_215917.jpg
    20220428_215917.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Finally gave up waiting for an HD release and picked a set of The complete series up. Pretty certain an HD release will never ever happen, not a physical one anyway and not as nice as this last one (despite the syndication prints). Yes there are ways of getting them bootleg, but playing straight directly from physical media still gives the absolute best PQ in my experience. Streaming is convenient, but I have just always loved a physical media option. Pretty Expensive now. Got it brand new and still factory sealed. Amazing set.

Love the tin presentation here!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
What does Zorro have to do with The Lone Ranger - the title discussed in this thread?

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
A quality Roy Rogers set would be awesome. Do the masters still exist?
I’ve heard Dusty Rogers let them deteriorate-.any one know?
I'm sorry Lou. I missed your post back here from 2022. I don't know the answer either. I'd sure like to know too.
And what does Sergeant Preston of the Yukon have to do with this thread too? That's the one I want, season 3 which is going for big bucks!!!
John, it's all right here. Very nice 720p files with the same lousy DVD audio. Get it before the YT Copyright Cops pull it!!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

I had all the tins from Disney, unopened, never watched with no dents, and sold all for $3000 a few years back. :dance:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I had all the tins from Disney, unopened, never watched with no dents, and sold all for $3000 a few years back. :dance:

Of the 30 that they released, I (still) have 25 of them. The five that I don't have were all from the tail-end of the releases, just after I'd been laid off from work, so I couldn't justify spending the money.

My loving wife made sure I got the two Zorro tins for my birthday, though. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks