What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What would you do? (horror related) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Colton, That is pretty funny. Although, I am kinda of relieved. If they would have had a plan. I would be freaked since they usually only have plans for things that can really happen. :D

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
The government is no help at all. In fact, I found out through our company's head of human resources that the hiring of zombies is being encouraged as an alternative to outsourcing jobs to Antarctica. He gave me the following government pamphlet:

It's bad enough that living software engineers are a dime a dozen. Now I have to compete with dead ones.

At least most of the dead ones aren't likely to be current on their continuing education credits. At least I have that going for me.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Remember when the zombies went on strike and they tried to bring in some "scabs"? That wasn't pretty.

WadeLil

Stunt Coordinator

Actually you forgot about some.....

In the book THE RISING all mammals became zombies in the first phase.
In phase 2 all other living creatures including PLANTS.
In phase 3 ..........ah the hell with it.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I'd just quit showering, throw on some Halloween make-up and join the party. Those shits are so slow too. So I'd get all jacked up on an espresso or something and tease them. They'd probably just mistake me for a really immature zombie that can operate machinery, run fast and use door knobs.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Hmm, where to go in a Zombie World.

Alcatraz would be good, but if you run out of supplies you're kinda screwed.
NORAD would be ideal if you could get in.
Just about any prison
I like the idea of a Wal Mart. You have two main entrances and a garden center entrance to block off. Easy enough to do with pallets, metal shelving, etc. Lots of canned food and bottled water. Access to the roof, and guns with lots of ammo.

But then again I work at Wal Mart and when management saw hordes of people outside they would probably take down the barricade and let the zombies in, thinking they were losing out on sales.

tyler payne

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I've been really into zombie movies lately as well as reading sites on zombie survival. It is kind of interesting to think about exactly what you would do if the situation every did arise and zombies were actually roaming the earth.

My first thought is that my present living conditions are not suitable for surviving a great amount of time in a zombie outbreak. Too many windows and open areas for the zombies to get into. My second thought is that although I am in a some what rural area, I fear that fleeing humans would try and come to our property and try to take it over as well.

At first it seems logical to flee your home and move to a more remote area, maybe an island or the mountains. However, as others have mentioned here, most people would be trying to flee the area and would cause severe congestion on the roads. Also there is fear of other people trying to take control of your vehicle (such as in War of the Worlds). The malls and wal Marts seem like good choices, but again, I think most people would try to go that route and frankly I would not want to get stuck in a mob or crowd of desperate people all fighting to stay alive. In intense situations, people tend to be only looking for out for themselves.

I think the best bet would be to start NOW to protect against a zombie outbreak. Build a suitable shelter underground and stock it well with food/water supplies, blankets, radio, batteries, guns, ammo, medical supplies, books, cards and other such things to keep you busy/entertained. Heck if the mormons can be prepared for 2 years worth, I think any old joe could be.

If it is an instance outbreak and you didn't think to prepare ahead of time, all I can say is you better be quick on your feet and stay as far from populated areas as possible. The less people you have to contend with the better. At this point you can always go to the Wal Mart to stock up on supplies to last till you can get to the next location.

Fun thread!

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I would join one of the enlightened groups dedicated to zombie outreach and understanding. I'm sure that if we could create a constructive dialague we could appease them and peacefully coexist with the zombies. Fighting them would just be counterproductive and incite them to further rage. Give peace a chance.

Also - I would probably check out Anna Nicole Smiths zombie to see if there was any difference from her before.

BTW - there is an online game called continuum which is a top-down space shooter (like asteroids) There are servers with hunderds of people playing at a time on huge maps and teams. One version is called zombie attack. It starts with everyone except one person as living and that one as a zombie. If you get shot you respawn as a zombie and help hunt the remaining players. A timer runs and at the end if you make it to a safe zone you win. Typically there is only a 50/50 chance that only one (out of around 25) will survive. It is fun.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I want to go to a place like this...

I like to see a zombie break through these walls. ;)

Its the prison used in the Shawshank Redemption. Its in Ohio. Need to find a place like this in NJ

Here is the prisons website..
http://www.mrps.org/

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Well, I think you "Wal-mart guys" are on the right track, but don't take it far enough. Me, I'd head for a Wal-mart (or Costco, Sentry, Target....) warehouse. You know, the places that supply goods to those stores. Far greater quantities, far less folks around. Semi's handy for when it's time to go mobile. Limited access, usually fenced. Usually fuel available for yard trucks.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I actually mentioned Costco. Mine has no windows..But, giant metal a kitchen and gas station a few 100 feet away. Just run a hose from the tanks to the main building and I am sure you can "McGyver" something. :)

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
The supply warehouse for a Wal-MArt / Target is good, but I like the idea of having guns. I don't know about other retailers but our guns are not warehouse items. Thus the warehouse does not have them. The isolation of the warehouse is good too, but it works against you if you need (I mean absolutely NEED) to leave the safety of the structure for other supplies and such.

Here is the scenario at the Wal-Mart I work at.

Bring in some trucks or vans from the parking lot into the automotive bays. (that way if you ever need to go for extra supplies or anything like that you have cargo vehicles)

Get as many containers as possible, and fill them with water. (this is in case you lose water and plumbing services)

Make sure people are eating the perishable food first. (produce, meat, dairy, etc., leave the canned stuff for when we run out of water, electricity, etc.)

If the building looses plumbing, people are to go to the roof to use the restroom in large containers that we can empty over the side of the building. ( this may seem weird, but if tensions are running high, you do not want the smell of piss and crap to drive someone over the edge, and do something dumb)

Make contact with police or military authorities. Let them know you are relatively safe, and have supplies to last a while, but for them to please remember your location, if any "evac" is to be done in our city.

As for the killing of zombies, only people with some shooting skills are to use the guns. Head shots only, and zombies are not to be killed within 300 feet of the building. (I believe a head shot at 300 feet should not be too hard. The 300 feet rule would so that you do not have a pile of smelly rotting carcass' right outside your door. I want people who are hunters or at least familiar with guns, so that stray bullets are not hitting cars or anything else that might cause a fire.)

One thing that must be done: Tell everyone you are with that their family, and friends are as good as DEAD. Under no circumstances will vehicles, guns or food be provided to someone to try to rescue loved ones. If they wish to leave, to find friends and family, they go with what is theirs. If family or friends make it to said location, and are able to get in the store, they must be quarantined for two days to make sure infection does not spread.

Anyone think of something I might have forgot?

tyler payne

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I'd bang as many chicks as possible, before the zombies got to me... I would then run to my truck and floor it. I'd drive around until I find a suitable place to stay, probably wal-mart. And then bang a few more chicks! :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What would I do? Right, i'd go to mum's, kill Phil, drive to Liz's, go to the Winchester, have a pint and wait for all this to blow over. ;)

I tell you what, if I had the two worlds of zombies to choose from to invade the planet, it would be Romero's zombies because they're slower than hell (yeah yeah yeah, i've heard all about them being able to sneak up me but I don't care, I could outrun those), running zombies on the other hand scare the piss out of me! :frowning:

I have to agree with the island idea, preferably a deserted tropical island, one could live a good life there if you learn to spear fish and trap and cook animals for food, and if you get lonely, well, bring along a volleyball, it worked for Tom Hanks. ;)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Tyler, that's a good plan.I have to leave the compound to go find my cat. Let's split up. I'll take the lit candle, and you take the matches and broken flashlight.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Hey, if the professor could keep that damn radio working for 30 years anythings possible lol.

I've had a theory about the whole zombie epidemic scenario, if there were zombies, and assuming that zombies continue to decay even if they're reanimated, and provided that the living populace could get to safety indefinitely, well then in theory the zombie outbreak should blow itself out after a few months since the zombies couldn't reach anymore living victims to bite and turn and considering that they would eventually rot to the point where their bodies could no longer support their weight and would eventually keel over.

Of course this is using Zack Snyder's 'bite=zombie' version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks