What's new

What's Your Opinion On Bidets? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Those people in the first video….

Don’t even know what to say about that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It will take me a bit of time.
Have to figure out how to justify $200+ for a toilette seat. 😁

Tony,

Of course, whatever is in your budget comes first. I face the same issues every day when considering purchases.

I would just say that you can't think of this as just a toilet seat (though you have a laughing emoji after your comment).

I promise you this is one of those things where the extra investment really comes to fruition when you sit your ass down on a nice, warm seat during the winter months and are treated to a pleasant blast of heated water cleansing your bottom.

If something went wrong with my bidet today, I would not hesitate to spend more to get the added comfort features.

Let us know how you make out, please. Good Luck.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m getting one. Just not sure which one yet.
Living in SW Florida is helping keep that seat warm most of the time.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I looked at the Amazon bidet at $230.
There seems to be two versions of that brand there.

5300 and
5300p

Only difference I see is the remote looks a little different.

Also I looked at what Costco has and in the $300ish range I see a few.
There is a Toto for $360 and it looks good but might be a bit too much for us.
New brand is called Bio.
There are a couple of Kohlers that have the features so I might go with one of those.
No apparent difference between the $250 and the $350 Koehler.
There is a $380 Koehler that has a light inside the bowl.
Some brands like Koehler say unlimited warm water. Some say warm water and some have a warm reservoir. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Here is a link, not sure how it will show up on here.

Last edited:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
We just got one from "BioBidet", my wife has been wanting one for a while and that's the one she picked. Does most of the fancy stuff except it doesn't have an automatic seat like Ron's.

I find I don't like the heated seat much, makes my butt sweaty and stick to it. Maybe in the winter I'll feel differently. But the cleaning part is fine, and I agree it doesn't seem to make any more of a mess than before.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We just got one from "BioBidet", my wife has been wanting one for a while and that's the one she picked. Does most of the fancy stuff except it doesn't have an automatic seat like Ron's.

I find I don't like the heated seat much, makes my butt sweaty and stick to it. Maybe in the winter I'll feel differently. But the cleaning part is fine, and I agree it doesn't seem to make any more of a mess than before.

Greg,

Congrats!

Kind of odd to congratulate someone on a new toilet, but since I have become a massive advocate for bidets as of late, I was very happy to read your comments.

The warm seat will be most appreciated in the Winter. When it's cold, sitting on the heated seat will be really a real treat. In the Summer months, I don't care for it either.

And, thanks for clarifying that there is no additional mess to be had. That is the biggest misconception about bidets.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Welp.
The sojourn continues.

I will be returning that Costco bidet.
It has ALL the bells and tons of whistles but the main attraction the Bidet doesn’t meet the required needs.
The power in the stream just isn’t there.

The one I installed at my friends house is a $75 Delta and it got the job done better then this expensive Bidet.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Welp.
The sojourn continues.

I will be returning that Costco bidet.
It has ALL the bells and tons of whistles but the main attraction the Bidet doesn’t meet the required needs.
The power in the stream just isn’t there.

The one I installed at my friends house is a $75 Delta and it got the job done better then this expensive Bidet.

Interesting. Keep us posted on what you replace it with and (hopefully) how much better it is.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
🤔

BE57278D-5F02-42BB-8387-F921222FA9B2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks