What's new

Interview Exclusive Interview: Robert A. Harris & Kevin Koster on the Restoration of My Fair Lady (1 Viewer)

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
The bluray looks amazing. It doesn't even look like a film -- it looks like you're looking out a window. It was also cool to see the supplemental material in HD! A question for Robert Harris: You indicated that there was going to be a surprising supplement added this time -- what were you referring to?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I just purchased my tickets to the Universal DRACULAs from Tammy's younger sister's school chum.

Stu's Cheesecake

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I just watched the Blu Ray. I don't know what comes beyond being blown away by something, but whatever it is I am. I was blown away in 1964, then again in 1994. In 1995, I was blown away by the technician or whoever inserted Audrey Hepburn's "Wouldn't It Be Loverly" vocals into the print on a CBS/FOX Laserdisc release. Those were recalled soon enough. Sorry to say, my copy was lost to Hurricane Sandy.

I hoped to get up to Yonkers to see MFL at the Alamo Drafthouse, but upcoming spine surgery is keeping me close to home.

Now I'm sitting here, jaw to the floor with my tongue hanging out like a character in a Tex Avery Cartoon.

The restoration is stunning. I'm awed at what you, RAH and your team put into this restoration. And if I correctly read an earlier post, this is by far the best use of Lemon Pledge, ever. Bravo.

It's nice to know Warner Bros. got some use out of the sets after MFL wrapped. Take a look at the wallpaper in Lily Von Schtupp's "dwessing woom" in Blazing Saddles.

I've yet to see three-strip Cinerama. Until then, whenever I want to get blown away by a movie, I'll watch MFL.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Dear RAH,

Frustration.

I set out to see "MFL" both in 2K and 4K.

Saw it once, in a 2K theatre.

I had never asked for a day off from work, before; but it was a MUST when attempting to see "MFL" in a 4K venue

Got that Sunday off and ventured to the 4K theater' but it was there where the film was cancelled due to technical problems.

Are there any 4K theaters remaining?

TIME and SPACE LIMITED in Hudson, NY has two remaining showings.

Sunday - November 8th at 1:00 PM

Saturday - November 14th at 2:00 PM

Do you know if this theater is in 4K?

Otherwise, are there any known venues remaining?

Thanks,

PMF

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Watching this amazing restoration now on blu-ray. Incredible from the ruins described that this was possible.....

my-fair-lady-poster.jpg

Reactions: PMF

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I stumbled into this at the Milford Post Mall in Connecticut:

https://www.shopconnecticutpostmall...-Hollywood-and-History-of-Fashion/2145515409/

I wasn't sure in person, but it would seem these costumes were the real deal. Which explains the goosebumps I felt; the connection to so many well-loved films was palpable. The costumes looked to be in perfect condition.

There was stuff from Ben-Hur, Rear Window, Cleopatra (1934), Gone with the Wind... and of course My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Funny Face. Tons of stuff.

full

Rear view of the famous Ascot racetrack dress:
full

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I stumbled into this at the Milford Post Mall in Connecticut:

https://www.shopconnecticutpostmall...-Hollywood-and-History-of-Fashion/2145515409/

I wasn't sure in person, but it would seem these costumes were the real deal. Which explains the goosebumps I felt; the connection to so many well-loved films was palpable. The costumes looked to be in perfect condition.

There was stuff from Ben-Hur, Rear Window, Cleopatra (1934), Gone with the Wind... and of course My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Funny Face. Tons of stuff.

full

Rear view of the famous Ascot racetrack dress:
full
I think I spy with my eye Maria's drapery dress from TSOM ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks