What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What We Do in the Shadows (FX) (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Just rewatched the two-part premiere. Well, that was pretty much everything I've missed. Colin's first action after getting his driver's license nearly had me crying.

Osment and Wong were absolutely amazing in that first episode.

And then I think the ghosts may have topped it.

"This fuck-ing guy" was my favourite line.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Episode four, "The Curse", should be nominated for an Emmy. Brilliant from start to finish. The leads' deliveries were perfect on each and every line.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I can't wait to see more of Badass Guillermo™ after this latest episode.

O12oLb1.gif

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Colin Robinson is one of the greatest characters in all of television.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^ Yeah, that was a pretty phenomenal episode -- and here I thought the last episode couldn't possibly be topped. Colin Robinson is totally the "How to play poker"-card in a deck. I love how this is a comedy show that's constantly building up new lore. Now we know how powerful an energy vampire can really become. That was pretty awesome.

They captured almost every life-draining aspect of an office job, and put it into Colin and made it hilarious. The fact that the episode ends with the company going out of business because he sucked the life out of all the employees is absolutely genius comedy-writing.

I always thought it was odd during the first season that they never addressed the fact that Nadja is apparently Greek, and that Nandor was an Ottoman conqueror, especially since she made at least one comment previously about hating them. Glad to finally see it addressed.

"Persian Frank Zappa" is one of my favorite things that's ever been said on this show.

Also:

"You will never forget my name! It is blabhblahblhblbah"

"Camera Two, come over here and put your neck in my mouth." (...And then the next shots were solely Camera One.)

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
No joke, I'd have been okay if the show had kept Laszlo as "Jackie Daytona" for a while longer.

Jackie Daytona is a good man. A good human man. And a fine fellow. (From Tucson Arizoña.)

The toothpick working as the disguise is goddamn brilliant comedy. Classic Superman-move -- adding just one detail is enough to completely obscure your true identity.

::toothpick removal::

"IT WAS YOU THE WHOLE TIME"

I love how the amount he owed 150 years ago is probably like $40 at best now. Hilarious how petty they are.

Last edited:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I love how Colin Robinson had the most obnoxious flashlight possible with the superbright LED.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
There was the scene – possibly on a promo – where one of the vampires is shopping and comes across some suntan lotion.

"Total Protection From The Sun"

He then goes crazy, taking the store's whole supply.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just watched the season finale for the (::checks notes:: ) third straight time.

"Hold on a second, we were promised nudity...penis AND full bush. This is a swizz."

Matt Berry always makes everything more awesome.

Damn, that final scene. Looks like Guillermo's secret's out. And those vampire stage-reenactments were absolutely fucking hysterical.

Bring on Season 3.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Matt Berry always makes everything more awesome.
I was watching something and saw an advertisement for Toast of London, which stars Matt Berry. Anyone here see it? It looked like it should be amusing. It used to be on IFC, but apparently is available on Netflix.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
I was watching something and saw an advertisement for Toast of London, which stars Matt Berry. Anyone here see it? It looked like it should be amusing. It used to be on IFC, but apparently is available on Netflix.
It's not a rip-roaring romp, but it nonchalantly swerves into the absurd in a way that is amusing.
If you're looking for a different show that carries a similar Matt Berry brilliance vibe to WWDitS, give Year of the Rabbit a Try first.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
One of my favorite Toast of London moments:

Matt Berry's also been doing some amazing COVID-quarantine audio segments in character as Steven Toast here recently (more are linked on his Twitter-page):

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Watched the season finale for the second time tonight. My wife was tired the other night when we were watching it the first time, and kept drifting off. :)

My wife only started watching this with me about half-way through this season. She's not a fan of movies or TV shows about vampires, werewolves, zombies, or other horror elements. She got coaxed into watching Buffy and Angel back in the day, but I've never tried to get her into watching any other such shows. She finally gave in to watching this with the Mark Hamill episode.

The weird part is that in the last handful of episodes, she'd occasionally ask a question regarding a character or something, and I'd have to give her a rundown. But this time, I was surprised she didn't ask me what was up with the Nadja doll.

Now I get to play her the movie, and then watch the series to date on Hulu.:D

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Nadja's doll is the new Baby Yoda. Change my mind.

That finale was pretty great. It'll be interesting to see where they take S3, considering that Guillermo Buillermo has now completely wiped out the entire vampire-population of New York.

"This is your hot-take? That you have a problem with the choreography?"

Also:

"I'll be honest with you. My look-alike is kind of giving me a chub."

Jemaine's offscreen running commentary during the "In Memoriam"-video had me absolutely fucking dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks