What's new

What TV should i buy? (1 Viewer)

yagogr98

Auditioning
Real Name
Yago García Rodriguez
Hi everyone, I was thinking about buying a Full HD TV for my room, mainly, from a 100%, say 10% of the time would use it for gaming(with a pc). 40% of the time, i would use it as a monitor for my PC, and the remaining 50% as a normal TV. Now I'm between two models, both 32 ";

One is the LG 32lf630v.
LG 32LF630V - Full HD LED TV 32 "Smart TV WebOS 2.0 - 6 Series | LG Spain

And the other Samsung UE32J5500. TELEVISOR 32 J5500 LED FULL HD SMART TV (UE32J5500AKXXC) | CUSTOMER SERVICE | SAMSUNG Spain

Both are at practicaly same price being the samsung 20 € more expensive, for my use and such, What tv should i buy?

Thank you so much!

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Hi everyone, I was thinking about buying a Full HD TV for my room, mainly, from a 100%, say 10% of the time would use it for gaming(with a pc). 40% of the time, i would use it as a monitor for my PC, and the remaining 50% as a normal TV. Now I'm between two models, both 32 ";

One is the LG 32lf630v.
LG 32LF630V - Full HD LED TV 32 "Smart TV WebOS 2.0 - 6 Series | LG Spain

And the other Samsung UE32J5500. TELEVISOR 32 J5500 LED FULL HD SMART TV (UE32J5500AKXXC) | CUSTOMER SERVICE | SAMSUNG Spain

Both are at practicaly same price being the samsung 20 € more expensive, for my use and such, What tv should i buy?

Thank you so much!
Welcome! I would go with the best picture.Also check the customer service by calling the number.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hi Yago, I wouldnt buy a tv in 2016 that doesn't support HDR but YMMV. I'd try to go Samsung 8000 series or higher if you can, but not sure if they will have them that small yet. Good luck!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
A 32" nominal 1080P set is a commodity now, and since you quoted prices in Euro the sets available in the US may not match what you can get there. Since Sharp is exiting the business I bought a 32" Sharp Best-Buy-branded set for $180 US that is a knockout for mostly PC monitor use. The Sharps have good picture quality but the downside is smaller off-angle quality. For gaming and PC use that's not a problem.

yagogr98

Auditioning
Real Name
Yago García Rodriguez
A 32" nominal 1080P set is a commodity now, and since you quoted prices in Euro the sets available in the US may not match what you can get there. Since Sharp is exiting the business I bought a 32" Sharp Best-Buy-branded set for $180 US that is a knockout for mostly PC monitor use. The Sharps have good picture quality but the downside is smaller off-angle quality. For gaming and PC use that's not a problem.
Hmmm okay i will search some sharp tvs

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
If this is going to be a "small room" TV, I would not even worry about the viewing angles. In most cases, with the usage I envision, you won't get far enough to the side, or up or down, for PQ to be affected.

yagogr98

Auditioning
Real Name
Yago García Rodriguez
If this is going to be a "small room" TV, I would not even worry about the viewing angles. In most cases, with the usage I envision, you won't get far enough to the side, or up or down, for PQ to be affected.
So maybe y should go for the samsung?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks