What's new

What Pleases You? (2 Viewers)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Just got a baby tooth extracted at the dentist (the dentist I go to now, and will in the future, is Blue Ridge Dentistry of Simpsonville); the procedure didn't take all that long, and there was some minor pain and pressure, but I'm glad to have it over (even so, the tooth that was extracted was more of an annoyance than a pain).

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My wife and I typically do not get each other birthday (or Christmas) presents, as we just tend to give each other surprise gifts at random times. Anyway, last weekend, my wife announced that she'd gotten me a belated birthday present: she bought tickets to a concert by Tom Rush here in town. I've been a big Tom Rush fan since the 70s, and have seen some long forgotten number of his concerts, but I hadn't been to one for circa 30 years. (I pretty much stopped going to concerts when I was out of work for a couple of years in the early 90s, and never got back in the habit.)

We just got back from the concert, and it was wonderful. Some great old songs, some good new ones that I'm sure I'll think are great when I've heard them a few more times. A few of the songs he played tonight are ones I used to play on guitar, and now I'm bound and determined to get back to playing, dammit.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Going back to work on Monday, doing my usual dedicated run (injured a few ribs while falling out of the truck, and have been taking it easy). Not all the way healed, but I think I feel good enough to perform. Time to start making money again.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This time tomorrow, we’ll be on our way to the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR. We reserved Theodora’s room (supposedly haunted) for two nights. Shannon is looking forward to the ghost tour we’ll be going on and seeing if anything spooky happens in our room. (Spoiler alert: ghosts aren’t real so, no, nothing will happen.) I’m just looking forward to pizza and beer at SkyBar Gourmet Pizza on the 4th floor of the hotel and then coming back home on Tuesday so I can get back to months of yard work that I haven’t had time to do and maybe playing a few hours of Baldur’s Gate 3 when it gets too dark to work outside.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Sitting at the SkyBar of the Crescent Hotel sipping an Old Fashioned with a locally brewed beer on deck. Wifey’s back in the room watching tv {she came down with a cold Friday (negative covid test) but still wanted to make the trip} so I’m left to my own devices tonight.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy…

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
And I already witnessed some spooky shit tonight. Shannon and I were in our room for all of 15 minutes this evening. I climbed up on the bed with Shan to look at the hotel menu. I laid my phone down on the nightstand and put my wallet on top of my phone. A couple minutes later, I reached over for my phone to look up a menu for one of the hotel restaurants and my wallet was missing. After questioning my memory and wondering if I left my wallet at the front desk when we checked in, I climbed out of bed and started looking around. After a minute, I saw my wallet under the bed. A good 10 inches under the bed. Freaky!!!!

*multiple Old Fashioneds and beers are assisting me in coming to grips with shit moving around in my room.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The Crescent all done up for Christmas.
IMG_0022.jpeg

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My wife and I had a good time yesterday working as ballot clerks in Concord, NH (we've been doing this since the 2020 election). Surprisingly quiet. Don't know if it was just our ward or not. It was interesting to see the political reporter for WMUR (NH's only TV station of note) come in to vote; didn't know he lived in our ward.

Even with the lower than expected turnout, we were all happy to see people coming in to enjoy their civic engagement. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Once in a blue moon, there will be a cop that happens to witness stupidity live. I was on my way to get my normal load this morning- on a 2 lane road, 55 mph speed limit, and I was doing close to 60, which I always do on this road. There was a car right behind me, and a tractor trailer behind the car. This boneheaded “professional” driver pulls into the oncoming lane, with the obvious intention of passing both of us. Zero chance he could get around us, considering how short the passing zone is. As he did this, a county sheriff happened to be in the oncoming lane, and clearly saw what he did. The sheriff immediately moved onto the shoulder, turned around, got behind this idiot, and turned on the blue lights. That made my day. 😁

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Ain’t a lot that pleases me about the job these days, but my day ended extra early today, so I’m at the local Applebee’s, getting a pop or two, while waiting in line for a haircut. Crazy what’s going on with the Great Clips here- they’re having staffing problems, so they’re not open at all on weekends right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks