What's new

What Film eludes you? (1 Viewer)

cinemel1

Second Unit
Real Name
Mel Matsil
Centennial Summer (20th - Fox) was almost released by TT but withdrawn, I believe, for rights problems. Wonderful original score by Jerome Kern. Was probably a 3 strip
Technicolor film.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Voyager with Sam Shepard and Julie Delphy, not available here on blu ray. Outstanding film. Beautiful print streamed last year on the Criterion Channel. Bugsy, Little Children and A Guide For The Married Man, Heartburn, Falling In Love. A Lot Like Love and Goodbye Columbus.
I have the German blu ray release of Voyager, interesting film and essential for fans of the ethereal Julie Delpy.

I assumed that the thread refered to physical media, as it says 'released', meaning a disc release in the correct AR and with quality A/V.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
I assumed that the thread refered to physical media, as it says 'released', meaning a disc release in the correct AR and with quality A/V.

Yes, but the phrase "Eludes you" makes it sound like it's one of those films you've always wanted to see, but couldn't. Or, one you saw some time ago, but can't seem to find again.

If it ain't available it "Eludes" EVERYBODY.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
So, the definition of "available" for this thread is only on physical media. Should have been made clear at the outset.
Hey Joe!
When I started the thread, I meant we, as collectors, films that we just can't get our hands on for our personal collection in some sort of remastered form. This includes, films not released or available, films that have never been transferred to Blu-ray or beyond and we still suffer with our pan/scan, cut or dubbed and truncated versions. So, give us some titles you would like to own or see in your hands.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
Thank you Joe...I guess I was hoping for legitimate disc releases rather that off air recordings...but beggars can't be choosers!
You're welcome. Yeah, at a certain point, if you've never seen a certain film I'll take what I can get as long as it's watchable enough.
Don't let the quest for perfection prevent you from seeing a movie!

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
Since you asked, I will tell you. I don't know the title, but I am pretty sure it has Brian Keith in it and he's in command (maybe a space movie) and a film keeps coming on his giant screen. Apparently it's the same film, because Keith keeps saying, "There goes that damn Indian falling off his horse again."

Is it possible I have conflated this movie out of other bits of things? Possible. If I am almost sure of one thing, it's the line Keith says about the damned Indian falling off his horse again. I'm pretty sure that happened in some movie, somewhere.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I would dearly love to see DARLING LILI on Blu-ray fully restored to its full length. I have the Region B DVD, which looks and sounds alright, but I believe only the truncated DVD version was ever released domestically (which I spurned). I know its failure at the box office was a sore subject for Blake Edwards, but it would be appreciated if Paramount could bring forth a worthy release for this delightful, elaborately produced Julie Andrews film, with a wonderful song score by the great Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Since you asked, I will tell you. I don't know the title, but I am pretty sure it has Brian Keith in it and he's in command (maybe a space movie) and a film keeps coming on his giant screen. Apparently it's the same film, because Keith keeps saying, "There goes that damn Indian falling off his horse again."

Is it possible I have conflated this movie out of other bits of things? Possible. If I am almost sure of one thing, it's the line Keith says about the damned Indian falling off his horse again. I'm pretty sure that happened in some movie, somewhere.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

It's a 1966 Jerry Lewis movie called "Way... Way Out".

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
It's a 1966 Jerry Lewis movie called "Way... Way Out".

I saw Way Way Out when it came out in '66. I still can sing the title song ( Gary Lewis and The Playboys)with all the words and always member "Ernest T Bass"/ Howard Morris asking about Connie Stevens "does she always soap herself up before she gets in the shower!"

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
A film I saw and loved, missing in action was 1961's Whistle Down The Wind with Hayley Mills, Alan Bates and "M" Bernard Lee which still haunts me to this day.

MarcS1

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
-Preston Surges' last film known as The Diary of Major Thompson aka The French, They Are a Funny Race. Its his only film not commercially available.

-You've Got To Walk It Like You Talk It Or You'll Lose That Beat a 1971 film with Allan Garfield and Richard Pryor and soundtrack by Donald Fagen and Walter Becker

-Banjoman a 1975 concert film with Earl Scruggs, Joan Baez and the Byrds.

Ironically, I own the soundtracks to the last 2 films but all 3 films are MIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks