What's new

What Electronics are YOU Interested In? (1 Viewer)

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
DLP Sets (I guess samsung only) and SVS subs. We already have a SVS 25-31PCI but I gave that to my parents, I need to get one for myself (along with a TV). I bought my parents a Toshiba 57H82 a few yeras ago too. I meant it for me, but it's in the family room and now only they use it. I am moving out soon and would like a DLP set and an SVS sub again. I hope to pair it with a denon receiver, and then I will look for some speakers....

Starting over is fun. I can't forget the home theater master mx500 remote either...argh,
ELmO:star:

RogerMt

Grip
I'll second the LCD TV's request. I've got my main theater set-up done, now I need to add a couple smaller wall mount TV's in my exercise room & near my computer.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
My next purchase will probably be a DVD-Audio/SACD DVD player. After that I'll be waiting for an affordable (~$6K) 1920x1080 xHD3 DLP front projector that should be out starting this fall. Then I may replace my Definitive BP10s/CLR1000 front speakers with one of the newer flatter speakers being marketed for use with plasmas to free up some more space in my basement home theater. I may also look to upgrade my Denon 3802 receiver with something like a Denon 4805/5805 or whatever they'll call the new models over the next year or two.

SteveFred

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,

Well once my home is built(Aug) I will start my HT room in my walkout basement.

That progress is on my web.

So far I think I am going with:

Sharpvision 12000 Front Projector
Yamaha RX-Z9 Receiver
SVS PB2+ Sub
Wuold love to find a 300+ DVD player with DVI out
Still thinking about the screen and speakers

Steve

SimiA

Second Unit
Plasma TV, LCD monitors/Tv, FP and their screens, external scalers, HTPC,
HD-Recorders, Sat Dishes, PVR's, etc....
Vb

Steven_Lazarus

Stunt Coordinator
Lot's of odd responses to the original question that was asked

:D
After skimming through the ad's I see very little that are actually H/T related or that perked my interest level. Not even the Jockey bikini/briefs
:b
Just going by the responses seen here in the thread I would have to agree with more more Receiver's, H/T related furniture items, Speakers and any and all deals on the numerous selection of projection unit's, monitors, TV's, DVD players etc..
Already plenty of PC addy's! and other stuff....

;) :D ;)

Regards,
Steve

Rob Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Currently addicted to audiophile quality headphones. Gonna stop when I get one more pair of closed cans, Audio-Technica W1000. W2002 is over my budget.

Looking to buy a new 32" 16:9 HDTV.

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
Im in the process of building my dedicated HT, the equipment I want to buy is most likeley going to be a Sanyo PLV-Z2, Harmon Kardon 7.1 reciever with Paradigm or Polk speakers, I am leaning towards the Paradigms

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested in a broad range of electronics from computers to home theater. I have built several PC's and know quite a bit about hardware and software. I use them on a daily basis so it's in my best interest to know what I'm doing. :)

I'm also very interested in home theater. The best sound and video quality are top priority for me. Unfortunately, me being a high school student, I'm on a rather limited budget. Usually only as much as my parents will spend.

I'd like to see home theatre surround sound packages. Center channel and two rear surrounds. I have nice Bose front speakers and a good sub, but I could use some better surrounds.

JimHaskell

Grip
I used to be interested in building speakers -- not the driver, but the box for a specific driver. I bought several books(the Loudspeaker Cookbook, and a couple from radio shack), but only built one sub woofer. It's an interesting hobby though. I also wrote an excel spreadsheet where you insert a speaker's specs, like q, Vas, etc., and it generates speaker box dimensions for sealed, ported boxes, and one type of band-pass box. It's kind of neat!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks