What's new

What Electronics are YOU Interested In? (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I was thinking recently it'd be nice if your sponsors could have banners in each forum that their products would be suitable for. After reading several threads I forget to go back and look for a sponsor who can offer the necessary produts. Having them right there would be nice.

RobS

Auditioning
Just posted for input on an LCD projector I'm interested in, the Epson TW100. Have some questions and looking for input. I'm looking for new AV receiver and speakers to replace legacy system (Yamaha - Dolby ProLogic and Klipsch) too.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I would like to see a device that lets me output MP3 music from my laptop/desktop to my sound system's external sound blaster sound card.
Also - very much interested in JVC's upcoming DTheater VHS player
El

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
I imagine that I am not alone in wanting to be able to perform a cleaning of the optics inside my front projector (in my case a Panasonic PT-L300U). I purchased the service manual and nothing regarding cleaning was mentioned, but it did provide the basic disassembly steps. In spite of the filer, dust and small hairs do get inside the projector and are gradually reducing the contrast. At work we use several other Panasonic LCD projectors and they suffer from the same problem, except in their case they are used in lighted rooms with Power Point displays and the accumulating dust is not noticeable in normal viewing.

The owners manual makes reference to sending the unit in for cleaning once a year (too long an interval) and I wonder how the service centers could handle such an influx of equipment if owners actually did that. Plus you have the inconvenience of being without your projector for several weeks.

I would think that DLP as well as LCD models share the problem of dust and other particles getting into the optics. A discussion of the light path from the bulb to the lens in front projectors would be useful as well as some do and don't hints for people like me that take the trouble of purchasing a service manual and want to keep their projectors as clean as possible.

Michael FF

Stunt Coordinator
I am interested in knowing what members feel is the best DLP projector, at any price, on the market in terms of sharpness of focus. Extended data can be e-mailed to [email protected]

JeffME

Auditioning
INTESET'S "DENZEL" MEDIA SERVER OR ANY DVD/VIDEO SERVER. IF THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THEN A REVIEW OF SONY'S XBR GRAND WEGA LCD'S (SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE OR ASKED, I AM NEW HERE).

I'm in the market for either projector:

Epson Home 10
or the X1....

If you could do a group buy on either of these projectors I'd bite.

Where would this stuff be comming from? I dont care too much about shipping cost.... up to a reasonable amount. But I dont want to pay tax on such a large purchase. Would this stuff be comming from California?

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I would love to see some more SVS sub deals too, I would love to buy another SVS sub. That would be lts of fun, but I am going to have to get new neighbors first.

Also If you want to get some good deals of some rumblers to instal in my couch then I would love that too. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks