What's new

What did you do with your old sub? (1 Viewer)

Steve Crowley

Stunt Coordinator
I hooked it to my center channel. Way big improvement on dialog. I would recommend this to anyone. I am thinking now to run a small sub to all 4 of the surround speakers but will have to get a WAF now. Doubt it will happen but nice thinking about.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Had two previous to the one I'm using now.

First was sold to a friend, the second was sold @ Audiogon-- and I hand delivered it ( a couple of states away) to make sure it arrived safely.

BOK

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Steve, now that is original. Does your old sub have crossover control built in? Did you do anything special to hook it up or is it just wired directly to the terminals?

Steve Crowley

Stunt Coordinator
Daniel I used the speaker out from the reciever to the sub and then ran the cable to the center. It provides a fuller sound because you can set your center to large and let the sub do the bandpass to the center. I ran dual pairs of speaker cable from the reciever to the L and R of the sub. Then I ran the L and R from the sub to the center. I think more people should do this because the center is where most of the action is going on. Eventually I will build another center to match my Heresy's but I will still use a sub for it. Once I move out of my house and build another I would like to have a small sub for each speaker and use the LFE for a dedicated sub such as an SVS. Hope this helps. Cheers

Kevin G.

Second Unit

I have read a couple threads on this...Is it advised?
I am currently thinking of upgrading to the Dayton 10" and this is a very possible solution to adding some rear bass.
will it be too overpowering?

terence

Supporting Actor

One thing about bass is you can tailor it to your taste, if implimented,calibrated & if needed EQed well. If you feel by adding a rear sub will increase better sound qaulity in your room do it. One sub is good two can be great.

"overpowering?" Depends on how one preceives the presentation.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Lows, however are non-directional, should this be placed in
the rear, with the surrounds? or run with the wires from the front to the surrounds?

Rick_Brown

Second Unit

DanielKellmii, I put my old sub in the large main hall of my house where people dance when we have a party. I put 3 jacks in the wall so that I can temporarily connect 2 speakers and the sub running off an old amp connected to my main equipment rack.

I don't use my new sub for this because it is in the HT room.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Over 20-years ... having a sub in my Stereo / HT setup mix ...

Owned:
1) 10" - Design Acoustic* Passive (my son now uses it w/satellites) - 1982
2) 12" - BSR Passive (sold) - 1985
3) 15" - DBX Passive (sold) - 1988
4) 8" 80w - JBL Powered-sub (sold) - 1997 (First DPL HT setup)
5) 10" 100w - Sherwood Powered-sub (sold) - 1998 (Upgraded to Dolby Digital 5.1)
6) 15" 200w - AudioSource Powered-sub (@ my vacation house - great to knock off the spiders under the base boards!!!) - 1999
7) 12" 320w - SVS 25-31PCi Powered-sub - YES!!!!!!! :D - APR. 2002

*1982 = First Satellite & Passive 10" Sub for 2-channel (Design Acoustic DA30 - Reviewed in the NOV. 1981 Stereo Review by Julien Hirsch)

Phil

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
end table.

anyone interested let me know. its a JVC 12" 120w sub. decnt enough. id let it go real cheap. $50.00 you pay shipping and packing.

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Phil, you have convinced me. I will save a lot of money and time when I upgrade my sub if I go right to the SVS.

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
Ralph...do you still have the sub for sale? I tried sending you a PM, but not sure if it went or not.......Thanks, johnny

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
Dust magnet.

This thread just reminded me I have my old pb-10 sitting over in my dad's basement. All in it's original box with everything. lol It's been so long I should pull it out to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks