What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think I'm on chapter 10. I don't hate it it just seems so average. 2 grabbed me from the opening scene. There hasn't been a sequence yet in 4 that compares to that train opening. I guess I expect greatness from the game and I'm getting, so far, mediocrity. Still better than most games out there.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There are 22 chapters plus the opening prologue and epilogue. You have a long ways to go and the game gets amazing by the end.

Yeah, the Uncharted 2 opening scene kind of set a high benchmark, but there are several truly thrilling sequences in 4. What makes them way better than anything in 3 is that the standard Uncharted formula (infiltrate, slow build up, get caught by bad guys, firefight, run away while structure collapses) was really obvious and boring in 3 while 4 kind of covers it up and you don't quite realize you're falling into that groove until the very end and its awesome.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Far cry 3. Really fun now. At first I was upset all over this and thinking about removing it and going back to FC2 which I'm only about 31% on. :blush: But I kept going and got into it then it rewards me by crashing every 4 minutes. can't win for losing! I actually had to unclick directx 11.makes no senses but whatever. Didn't seem to change it much, still looks just okay. But now it works and i can play until my hands fall on the floor. I like it now! fun crafting and exploring. the animals add so much! I do wish there was more consequence for getting dead. I can just come back and kill those tigers!

I did actually upgrade Dying Light to the full. Very good game. The Dead Island remastered also turned out to be okay. NOthing that shakes the earth but it was worth the $3. Needs some work though. I hope they patch some things. DL to me is way better than DI. My kind of game. I got my but kick on HARD during the first night mission. I like a game that does that fairly. I plan to restart the game once I do a little more. Much more fun when I know what i"m doing. At least i didn't have to turn off the best directx with the game. It looks much better than all the others mentioned. Not that looks are all I care for, but i did just spend too much on a new gpu and I can't even use the best directx? Deus Ex was doing the same thing exactly.

Last edited:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I have FC 1-4 (PS3) in the backlog. I see the PS4 FC4 was selling really cheap here, much less than the PS3 and Xbox (both) versions. I have a whole bunch of Bethesda games in the backlog too, have put them off because of their reputation for freezing etc., which I knew about before purchasing. Luckily I play in a sound/swear-proof room...

I can see RDR could take me quite a bit of time, IDK. Talk about a game not "rewarding" you just for showing up, RDR sure doesn't. Actually, this is a very well thought out game/system, very well. I have to say that it sure doesn't seem to me like ~1910 western America, and I would know (:)). The late 1870s Deadwood (TV series version) seems like Manhattan compared to this place. This RDR place seems more like ~1870s for the most part (but with electricity), even the trains look no "better" than that, but with some weapons they would have had in 1910-1914 (but no Colt 1911!). So I can see a prequel era not being a stretch.

The only prob I have with RDR is the video can sometimes look quite crappy when you're moving, I just can't get it to look as good as some other 720p games on my 1080p displays no matter what I do. Otherwise the graphics are actually quite good. I love all the unexpected stuff you can do, very "realistic", and the horses are rather well done.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Still playing Stardew Valley quite a bit, but I have set it down to try Terraria. Terraria is quite interesting, but hasn't hooked me as of yet. I'm thinking the learning curve is the only thing holding me back at the moment and once I get things figured out, I will like it more.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I've been wanting to try Stardew Valley since it was featured on Talk About Games with Mike Matei and Ryan Schott. I'm off work for a couple of days so I might give it a try today.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Still bashing away at Dragon Warrior 3. I have 4 of the 6 orbs you need to get to the big baddie. At least I hope!

Just wanted to chime in that I too am a big fan of the "James and Mike Play", "Mike & Ryan Play" vids on the cinamassacre youtube. Also get a kick out of "Classic Game Room". They're the main reason I'm slowly going through the Mario and Dragon Warrior series. Scratching the nostalgia itch.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Mighty No. 9. Have reached an impasse on No. 3's stage and am on the verge of ragequitting (the game is pretty meh to awful in general)

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I heard Mighty No. 9 was less than stellar so I didn't bother with it.

Russell - There's also the Mike and Bootsy series and the Bootsy Beats series. Between everything on the AVGN channel I get to see classic games I never played or played and forgot about as well as new games that pique(sp) my interest.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Fallout 3 on my PS3. I don't know why but its starting to freeze. I heard delete all your save's except the most recent might help. Any other Ideas?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Russell - There's also the Mike and Bootsy series and the Bootsy Beats series. Between everything on the AVGN channel I get to see classic games I never played or played and forgot about as well as new games that pique(sp) my interest.

Yup! I watch all those as well. The Angry video Game Nerd vids have kind of run their course, but they're still fun.

I don't remember having any freezing/crashing when I played Fallout 3 GOTY on my PS3. Not as much as SKYRIM at any rate. I only kept 2-3 save files going though.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I just started Fallout 3 on the PS3. It's the GOTY version, there were no updates etc. downloaded when I installed it. I think that must be the first time in the last couple years there hasn't been any update for a game I installed.

I've heard that not fixing stuff is pretty typical for Bethesda, or at least not really fixing as opposed to pretend fixing. Just what I've read...I was warned. Still, already I can see why people like their games, there's some good stuff here.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I did delete all but the most current save and it does seem to better for Fallout 3 on my PS3.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I never did get around to buying Stardew Valley last weekend. I spent the whole time playing Diablo III but I'm Paragon level 350 now and the endgame is getting pretty stale. Earlier this week, I discovered the old Forgotten Realms Dungeons and Dragons games from the 80s were available on gog so I picked them up on my Mac and will most definitely start one of them tonight and see how well these 30 year old games have aged.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Dragon Warrior III threw me for a complete loop! I went hard though, and should finish it this week since I'm FINALLY at the big bad. Just slowly exploring the last castle while level grinding to make the final battle a bit easier. How they fit all this game on a cartridge is impressive as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks