What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I got a chance to try out CounterSpy and Journey this morning and I can't think of a single good thing to say about either game. Both were very highly rated and both are absolute rubbish. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna try my hand at Sword Coast Legends even though it isn't rated really high. I have a feeling I'm going to like it so much better.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I played the demo for Journey and thought it nice but nothing I needed to rush out and play. I think they gave away Counter Spy at one point on the PS+.

I'm nearing the end of "God of War II" on the PS3 and it's all getting a bit ass clenching in difficulty so I have to play it in small doses. I'm one of those monster gamers that swear at the TV and people around me say things like "Why are you bothering with it if it makes you that mad?" and I'm all "I'M NOT MAD! I'M HAVING FUN! GOD DAMN IT!" There was a bit where Kratos has to grab a pipe thing and push a platform down ahead of a spiked roof slowly descending on you to make you into sandwich meat, while fighting skeletons. It wouldn't of been so bad except after fighting a wave of skeletons and with the spiked roof hovering close over head, you had to be in a pretty exact position in order to press "R1" to grab the pipe thing to push the floor down. Nearly did my head in.

Then you had to float through these chambers that had spikey things spinning around that were instant death, while maneuvering over up-drafts to stay afloat. That bit did do my head in for the day. I JUST WANT TO BEAT THINGS TO DEATH! ENOUGH WITH THIS FIDDLY S**T!

Awesome game though, lots of fun. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I envy you Aaron. Oh to play The Last Of Us for the first time again. Man what I would give.

I spent a good chunk of Saturday playing it (got through the Capitol Building sequence). I dig its Unchartedy Naughty Dog goodness, but to be honest I find the weapon system reeeeeally annoying. I kill dozens of heavily armed soldiers, and maybe two of them drop ammo (and only a couple of rounds at that)? And not ONE of them has a freaking combat knife? What kind of soldiers patrolling a zombie-infested wasteland don't carry any sort of melee weapon? I'm stuck constantly scrounging for broken scissors and duct tape to make "shivs" that are only good for one use. Honestly, it kind of takes me out of the story!

Not that that's going to stop me from playing through. . . ;)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I forgot to mention, I'm also playing Pokemon Go. It is fun! I'm about a week in and have only been hit by three cars, but haven't been shot at. Yet. Thinking about it, it's really a video game dream come true. I never really played a Pokemon game much prior, only recently having played Red a bit on an emulator. I can only imagine hard core fans getting their hands on this and being able to actually be a Poke-trainer in "REAL" life. Pretty cool really. Not many other games will be able to match that translation into the real world.

Well, I suppose you could be a hyper-violent drug dealer like in GTA, but that's a whole other thing that doesn't require a cell phone.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Finished God Of War II remaster on the PS3. Fun game that ends with a set-up to the third one which I don't currently own. I'll play it remastered on the PS4 eventually. The final bit fighting Zeus was fun and satisfying, but the bit where you have to go up a path to get to the third sister of fate was so insanely hard compared to the rest of the game that I nearly gave up. I figured there would be no way I could finish the game if it was that hard leading up to the final boss. Ridiculous programming on their part, but over all, I'd give these games a spin if you haven't.

Not started a new game yet. Leaning to Little Big Planet 2 on the PS3.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Legend -SNES
image.jpg

'Knights Of The Round' and 'King Of Dragons' always come to mind as the go to fantasy hack n slash games for the Super Nintendo, but I love Legend. It's a bit slower paced but the beautiful sprite based lush graphics are tops.
The game really picks up steam when you reach "The Black Temple". Fun for sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 42

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
"Legend" looks pretty rad. Not one I remember seeing back in the day. I might have to give it a spin.

Started "Little Big Planet 2" on the PS3. It's a better than decent plat former, not much different from the first. I'm not in love with the floaty jumps compared to Mario so I hope I get used to them. I have zero interest in building my own levels or playing idiotically designed ones from the community, so I'm not really the target audience of the thing.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Finished Little Big Planet 2 on the PS3! Well, the story mode. I don't think you ever really finish a game like this where you build your own levels. I can't be arsed to build levels, or play user created ones, so I'm calling it done. Short game, 5 worlds with 7 levels per. It's no Mario, but it does have a nice variety of play. Some stages where flat out 80's style side shooters as opposed to platforming. Despite the variety, it was never all that interesting. nor very difficult, even at the end. Most of the challenge for me was getting the hang of the "float-y" jumping of Sackboy after the tight precision found in the Mario games.

Not sure what to play next. I might pop in Grand Theft Auto 4 and have another spin. I got stuck on a stage and moved on years ago. I should still have the save game. It galls me to no end that I've never finished the story content on a GTA game. I loved and finished LA NOIR and RED DEAD REDEMPTION, these stupid driving GTA games shouldn't give me so much trouble!

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Sorry for the confusion. Sony makes their service names too similar. I started both a 14-day trial of PS Plus and a 7-day trial of PS Now today. The PS Now is practically unusable for me. My internet speed (6Mbps) tests fine but game play is very pixellated and jumpy. I tried about half a dozen games and it's a mess. Not close to being worth the $20/mo fee they are asking so I went in and cancelled it a few minutes ago. While I was at it, I cancelled the trial of PS Plus which I inadvertently started while trying to start a free trial of PS Now. I'm guessing the problem may lie with my ISP since 6Mbps is the fastest I can get where I live and I'm ok with that. On to other things.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I tried it both ways and it made no difference. The bottleneck is outside of my LAN.

But yes, that's 6Mbps wifi. Wired is also 6Mbps because that's my broadband speed.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have finally started to get back into some gaming again. I was an avid FPS player back when Doom and Quake came around. (yes I am that old)

I stopped playing a few years ago as my life got busy but recently have stepped back in. I really loved the original Far Cry and so I played a little Far Cry 3 and didn't care for all the crafting and hunting elements. It feels like a RPG more than a shooter.

I did make it through the Blood Dragon DLC for it and actually got a kick out of it.

I just finished Bioshock Infinite. I have mixed feelings. I loved the look and feel of the game. But again, the whole vigor thing makes it more RPG like. That last battle in this game was really hard. If I hadn't watched a walk-though to get some pointers I would probably have given up.

I sort of miss the standard FPS games of old. Even the latest Doom has crafting elements, skill points etc.

Far Cry 4 is next om my list. Once the price comes down. It is still $40 on steam. If it goes down to $20 I will buy it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just an FYI, Far Cry 4 is EXACTLY like Far Cry 3, so whatever feelings you had about 3 will carry over into 4.
Disagree.

I LOVED Far Cry 3. Great story and one of the best villains in a video game I've ever seen. Could not put it down.

Far Cry 4 is similar in structure of course but weaker story and villain. Never bothered finishing it. FC3 is better in every way (except graphics) imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks