What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Loved G-Force as a kid. A Fiery Phoenix could solve any problem. The United terminal at SFO has an exhibit on Japanese toys. I took a pic of the Ultraman costume; good nostalgia. So what's the G-Force game? Is it new? For consoles?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Played some more Mirrors Edge on the flight home. Decent game, good style. I don't have the attention to really suck the marrow from its bone, and get best times and find all the tags. I do want to buy its title track song if available. I like it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
DaveF said:
Loved G-Force as a kid. A Fiery Phoenix could solve any problem.The United terminal at SFO has an exhibit on Japanese toys. I took a pic of the Ultraman costume; good nostalgia.So what's the G-Force game? Is it new? For consoles?
It's been out a little while. I got it in a multi set from amazon with the Toy Story game (very highly rated) and the Cars 2 game, which is awesome but it crashes after a few levels on my PC. I hope I can get that one to work in the future I really liked the animated cars.

At the start G-Force reminds me of the new Syndicate game, just with critters. Great looking, humorous and very fun. the controls were a little tough for me, but after a bit you just do it.

Played a bit of Iron Front, after endless patching. It still needs work. Was flying a plane and there was no visual cues that I was being shot at. Looking forward to trying it's boot camp.

Arma 2, finishing up boot camp. Hooked up my joystick and flew the copters. Tough at first, but after some tweak and a bit of practice it's like riding a bike. I can't see me shooting stuff during tense moments and flying at the same time...at least smoothly, any time soon. But it's rewarding when I get anything done. Playing on regular level. Would love to bump it all the way up but that will have to wait.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I just saw an article online where somebody posted a video of himself beating the new MGS in 10 minutes by skipping the cut scenes and side missions.

TEN FREAKING MINUTES.

:angry: :unsure: :blink:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I bet that was after many hours of figuring out all the ins and outs of the game. To say you can finish it in 10 minutes is like saying you can beat (insert fighting game here) on the hardest difficulty without dying and it only takes 10 minutes.

Whatever, it's a $30 game and they announced a LONG time ago that it is just a prelude to the main game. I got countless hours out of the MGS2 demo so I see this as being the same thing.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Also, I should mention that you can beat Titanfall's entire "campaign" mode without firing a single bullet. And not in a "pacifist mode" way.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Arma 2. Got the dreaded no mission end after the first mission (the laser targeting extra task). not the only one getting this. I upped the skill level from Regular to Vet. Playing through again to see if it works. I'll use the endmission console thingie if it doesn't work this time. The developer said they could not repeat the problem, that's why it's still there. :( Otherwise, smashing game! (later)...successful. Restarting that mission on Vet got me through it. Not sure what the real problem was, but second mission feels even better. Tough, but amazing game. I don't feel like I'm being hand held through it. I get lost because it's not leading me along.

WARP. Was on sale recently... great deal of fun. I heard keyboard play not so much, but I have a xbox360 controller and all is well.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have yet to finish Killzone: Shadow Fall, played 30 minutes of Tomb Raider on PS4 just to see how good it looks (it's amazing), played like 10 minutes of MGSV for the same reason, and just got inFamous: Second Son yesterday.

But I'm still finishing Sly 2 from The Sly Collection on PS3. Ironically, it's also made by Sucker Punch (the people who made inFamous). I will probably play inFamous and Tomb Raider with MGSV on the side, then go back and play Sly 3 then Sly 4 on my PS3 and Vita.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Alan Wake, Episode 3 finished. That episode had some good tense sequences, but was a overlong and lacking in story compared to the previous two episodes. One episode to go, and then the "Special".

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Stuck in Arma 2 again, but this time they just keep getting me. I don't see them half the time. Every time I think about dropping back down to regular level I get passed a tough part. hanging in ...

Crazy Machines. The complete pack is $10 on steam. played and finished several similars, like Gravity, now I have this huge set of these. Fun so far. .. runs fine on my 7/64 pc.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
ARMA 2. I think my slow PC is the problem with the upper skill levels. Just a little too jerky. Regular level will have to do it for now until I can build me a new super PC like I did 3 years ago. 3 year old super PC = turtle. I think the right PC, this game would be something incredible.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I posted this in the steam forum for Crazy Machines 1. I've seriously been unable to stop singing Everybody Hurts by REM... days and days....

Crazy Machines 1

o/

When you're sure you've had enough
Of this life, well hang on

Don't let yourself go
'Cause everybody cries
And everybody hurts sometimes

o/

(just wanted to see if I'm the only one who noticed... just start singing it when the music in the game starts and you won't be able to stop.... you're welcome. :) and I'm sure it was unintentional hopefully REM won't sue )

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
DaveF said:
Anyone playing Goat Simulator? Where do I get it. Will it run on a 2009 iMac? I'm interested :)
I saw this on Steam yesterday and almost hoped that it WASN'T an April Fools' joke...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks