What's new

What are the most over played songs of all time (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
When I first read the title of the thread I thought "Lifehouse"! Since we're both sick of that song(but man what a good tune) I'll say Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Old Time Rock-n-Roll by Bob Seger. While so many classic rock songs are certainly overplayed; this is one I NEVER need to hear again!

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
For the most part, until the song gets on the Adult contemporary radio station, its a great song. Aren't lifehouse a christin rock band.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
You Shook Me All Night Long

Stairway to Heaven

That @#%!@* Old Time Rock and Roll

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Any of these one (or two) hit wonders on the airwaves get played to death during their brief time in the spotlight.
Witness the crapola that is Vertical Horizon and that irritating one song of theirs. Same goes for Creed and their two (?) hits. (Sorry if I'm trampling on anyone's favorite band here, but the amount of oversaturation these two groups, as an example, have gotten, combined with the fact that their music personally makes me feel like I'm chewing a wad of aluminum foil....well....it's my opinion, and I'm welcome to it, right?)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
How about Outside by Aaron Lewis of Staind with Fred Durst?! I swear it didn't matter what time it was there was always a radio station playing it! Grrrr!!!!!!

Brian O

Second Unit
Mark -
I have to disagree with you on Vertical Horizon's last album. Very high quality, melodic pop/rock with good variety and lots of hooks. The whole album is very good IMO. That is probably why they got so much radio play, because most of the songs became hits. It has been one of my favorite albums of the last decade. I look forward to their next release.
I am only familiar with their last release though. From what I understand, that was their current lead singer's debut with the band. It appears to have gone over well. I doubt they will be a one-hit wonder if they stay intact.
I find it hard to believe someone wouldnt like this album, but to each his own.:) I feel this album is about as good as mainstream pop gets these days. That may not mean much anymore to some, but the bottom line is I like it and I know alot of others between the ages of 10 and 50 that do too. Hmmm, that sounds like the definition of Pop music.;)
By the way, I am 40 and consider The Beatles my musical foundation.

Dan Whalen

Stunt Coordinator
My Sacrifice. I don't even want to think of the number of times I've heard that song in one day on the way to work (40 minute drive).
Michael-You CAN'T overplay Def Leppard. IMO of course.;)
Dan

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
The entire rotation of the soft rock radio station we listen to at work.

As punk rock visionary Sander Hicks said: "The CIA pumps soft rock into my job."

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Stairway to Heaven

Freebird

Hotel California

Every Breath You Take

I Want To Bang On The Drum All Day

I have to agree with that Fred Durst/Stained song as well. Played out even more than Fleetwood Mac and all the personality of a mousepad.

How about his song:

"One: nothing wrong with me

Two: nothing wrong with me

Three: nothing wrong with me

Four: nothing wrong with me

Let the bodies hit the floor

Let the bodies hit the floor

Let the bodies hit the *growl*"

I mean, what's that all about?

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Go here www.98online.com within the next 7 min to hear one of those over played songs another one is the ORIGINAL Turn the page song. I enjoy the Metallica version, and radio stations don't play it enough

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I am extremely sick of Seger's Like a Rock played during every Chevy truck commercial for the last ten years.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
how about that piece of crap balad Blurry from Puddle of Mudd. Does the extra "D in mud make them sound cool. I would actually call them Puddle of crap.

My brother says that the most over played songs were How you remind me, drops of jupiter, its been awhile and the smash mouth version of im a believer

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
my god, the so called "best variety" station mix 106.5 in baltimore just played the how you remind me and get this party started for the 1000th time. they also did the lifehouse and calling songs over and over. Are there any others out there that you are tired of.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well, the station i listen to doesnt overplay it that much, but on anotehr oen they play LINKIN PARK's IN THE END at least once an hour... :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks