What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Tony Bensley said:
I know this sounds like belly aching (But isn't that the point of this topic, anyway?), but being able to get all 10 MA & PA KETTLE Titles in a proper single-sided DVD set for under $13 Canadian, having previously spent over $50 on separate purchases for double sided Volume 1 and 2 sets, PLUS over $40 for the TCM exclusive final 2 "Kettles" Titles for my wife!

I remember buying the complete original Star Trek on DVD on sale at Costco for $240 or $270 (I forget) and feeling like I'd gotten a great deal.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Oliver Ravencrest said:
I'd build a dream Home Theatre based on the Golden Idol set from Raiders, complete with stones on the floor that if stepped on fire foam suction darts. Or, ones based on the Batcave from the '66 series, the Star Trek episode City on the Edge of Forever set where the screen is inside the portal which the characters travel through time. A Star Wars one or one designed after the Red Room from Twin Peaks would be cool. :)

What's this "or" business? ;)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tony Bensley, on 11 Jan 2016 - 1:02 PM, said:
Tony Bensley said:
I know this sounds like belly aching (But isn't that the point of this topic, anyway?), but being able to get all 10 MA & PA KETTLE Titles in a proper single-sided DVD set for under $13 Canadian, having previously spent over $50 on separate purchases for double sided Volume 1 and 2 sets, PLUS over $40 for the TCM exclusive final 2 "Kettles" Titles for my wife!
Aaron Silverman said:
I remember buying the complete original Star Trek on DVD on sale at Costco for $240 or $270 (I forget) and feeling like I'd gotten a great deal.

Actually, when I think of it, perhaps an even bigger puzzle is that Amazon Canada has all 10 Kettle Universal/U. International Features consistently priced under $15, yet getting all 28 Abbott & Costello Universal/U. International Features for less than $100 (Though it's currently priced at $95.97!) on the same site is something of a rarity! :P

Don't even get me started on the pricing of the double sided multi volume sets that are still available for both, especially the Ma & Pa Kettles! :P :P

CHEERS! :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Tony,

Did you try "More Reply Options"? Sometimes switching to the advanced editor does the trick.

Cees

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I'm annoyed at the thought of paying Harrison Ford at least $25 million to be an Usher in my Indiana Jones themed Home Theatre ;) Not to mention the other Actors needed for the other themes... :(

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Cees Alons said:
Tony,

Did you try "More Reply Options"? Sometimes switching to the advanced editor does the trick.

Cees

Hi Cees!

Actually yes, with the same results, I'm afraid, and I did also try this in my cacheless IE Browser! I just don't get why nothing is working for me, and it's really frustrating that I can no longer upload Images from my PC! :(

Tony

P.S. I should note that I'm still able to upload Images from my PC on other Forums, so I don't think it's some weird virus that's causing this, either! However, I've also just noticed that when I try using HTF in the Google Chrome incognito mode, the home page goes blank even before I can sign in, if that's indicative of anything!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
What happens if you choose "More Reply Options" and then "Browse" under Attach Files?

(BTW, I'm using Microsoft Edge currently.)

Cees

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Tony Bensley said:
Hi Cees!

Actually yes, with the same results, I'm afraid, and I did also try this in my cacheless IE Browser! I just don't get why nothing is working for me, and it's really frustrating that I can no longer upload Images from my PC! :(

Tony

P.S. I should note that I'm still able to upload Images from my PC on other Forums, so I don't think it's some weird virus that's causing this, either! However, I've also just noticed that when I try using HTF in the Google Chrome incognito mode, the home page goes blank even before I can sign in, if that's indicative of anything!

You are not alone Tony. Once again things have changed for unknown reasons. One day upload option was there, the next it wasn't. I didn't do anything on my end. I think I'm junking my older laptop and just getting a new high end one. I also am not having any issues at other sites, but they all are a little different.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Cees Alons said:
What happens if you choose "More Reply Options" and then "Browse" under Attach Files?

(BTW, I'm using Microsoft Edge currently.)

Cees
Hi Cees!

OK, that does appear to work! I guess I have to do the "More Reply Options" and then "Browse" under Attach Files, instead of clicking on the Image icon to start the upload from PC process, as I used to do previously.

Thank you very much for the tip!

Tony

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
As much as I appreciate the work of David Bowie and he will be missed by many, I find it annoying that suddenly this morning one or two of my Spotify "radio" channels are constantly injecting random and very offebeat Bowie songs into my steam.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
That the TCM "Exclusive" "Further Adventures of the Kettles Collection" DVD, which consists of the final 2 non Percy Kilbride entries is still being offered on Amazon, and at a higher price than the reissued "Ma & Pa Kettle" DVD set that includes these, plus ALL of the other Ma & Pa Kettle Features! :P

"The Egg And I" standalone DVD (Currently $9.61 on Amazon), which is also included in the aforementioned "Ma & Pa Kettle" set (Currently $9.96 on Amazon), is currently priced at a whopping 35 cents less than the 10 Movie set. :P :P

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I'm annoyed that things started out well tonight but then my hand and brain stopped listening to each other. I'm also annoyed at multiple weird splits, this kid who kept asking me for money, someone else who wouldn't listen, coming down with a headache and getting frustrated when I know I shouldn't. At least the free cookie was really good.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Carabimero said:
Solicitors who call and wake my wife up when she's sleeping.

We had a "No Solicitors" sign on our front door, and yet a salesman had the balls to knock anyway. He said "I'm in the area today offering...", I then cut him off saying "do you see the sign?" He defensively said "I'm not selling anything, just offering free estimates!" I didn't even ask him 'free estimates for what?'; I looked him in the eye for about 3 seconds then closed the door. He left.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
When our PVR does a reboot less than 5 minutes before my preset back to back DOWNTON ABBEY Episodes! :angry:

It seems to me that I have the worst g*d*mn luck when it comes to PVRing this series! I previously gave up on it for awhile a few years back because of a different PVR failure, which caused an Episode to not record! :(

Come to think of it, why does our Cable TV provider decide to do a PVR firmware update during prime time hours? It doesn't make any sense?

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The Amazon Canada shipment of the MA AND PA KETTLE COMPLETE COMEDY COLLECTION set having just arrived this afternoon, I noticed upon checking the discs that the first DVD has 3 little brown dots towards the edge on the playing side, which no amount of wiping will remove. While performing a disc check has thankfully revealed no playback issues, this does leave me feeling a bit uneasy! :P

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tony Bensley said:
When our PVR does a reboot less than 5 minutes before my preset back to back DOWNTON ABBEY Episodes! :angry:

It seems to me that I have the worst g*d*mn luck when it comes to PVRing this series! I previously gave up on it for awhile a few years back because of a different PVR failure, which caused an Episode to not record! :(

Come to think of it, why does our Cable TV provider decide to do a PVR firmware update during prime time hours? It doesn't make any sense?

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Thankfully, the first episode was a repeat from the week before (Though the Program Grid listed it as "New"!), and I was able to view the actual new episode in HD later on, even though the live screen was black throughout! :P

While on the whole, we're very satisfied with our Cable/Internet/Telephone provider, I've often found the PVR capabilities to be wanting, and Program Grid issues to be rather aggravating, at times! :P

Malcolm Bmoor

Second Unit
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
As a person who now seldom goes to the cinema, and almost left THE HATEFUL EIGHT last week overcome by excessive sound levels and the stench of popcorn, I'm nostalgic for the time when films had ONE production company logo.

Now there can be five elaborate promotions before the film actually begins - with all those companies now listed again before the title appears.

Whilst I'm complaining I'll add how much I hate it when the credits continue in a leisurely fashion after the start of dialogue.

A typically stupid example is in THE MISSION when the voice announces ONLY ONE MAN COULD ...... as the credit DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY .... appears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks