What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
With the New Years Event that I did the last few years having been cancelled this year and being so tired from a long day, I'm likely to be asleep before midnight.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Each and everyone of the Nationally televised NYE specials. Gad, when did I become such a curmudgeon?

Anyhoo - HNY HTFers!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
ChristopherG said:
Each and everyone of the Nationally televised NYE specials. Gad, when did I become such a curmudgeon?

Anyhoo - HNY HTFers!

Hi Christopher!

I don't know about you, but for me, I think it's an over 50 thing! The only thing I watched was the Mirrorball drop on Times Square! :P

And Happy New Year to you and fellow HTFers!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Clinton McClure said:
That AT&T still sends me adverts telling me U-Verse is available in my neighborhood even though it is not.
Bell Canada placing Billboard Ad's in my neighborhood touting their Fibre-Op service as the best in the near north, while still only offering our city the same shitty 5 mbps download speed! :angry:

Yes, I'm a former longtime Bell Canada customer, and they really pissed me off with their stupidity, lies, and veering between threats and kissing ass! :angry:

As far as I'm concerned, their locally placed Fibre-Op Billboard Ads are a huge slap in the face!

We left Bell for Cogeco on Leap Day, 2012. It's been refreshing to deal with helpful in province (Not to mention, in continent!) Customer Service with reps who speak English as their first language, and more importantly, actually use the service themselves! :)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Oliver Ravencrest said:
With the New Years Event that I did the last few years having been cancelled this year and being so tired from a long day, I'm likely to be asleep before midnight.
I was asleep too on New Years Eve before midnight, and when I woke up, it was 2016, as it is now.

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
The local health insurance company that has literally advertised on every televised football game college and pro for the last three years! The same ad campaign using the same annoying music during every game! They run one short ad with horrible piano music and an onscreen message thanking you for making good health choices. Then, after one or two spots from different advertisers they come right back and run another! Every single game, two similar spots using the same lousy ear worm piano music! I keep the remote handy so I can hit the mute button fast!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Squire said:
The local health insurance company that has literally advertised on every televised football game college and pro for the last three years! The same ad campaign using the same annoying music during every game! They run one short ad with horrible piano music and an onscreen message thanking you for making good health choices. Then, after one or two spots from different advertisers they come right back and run another! Every single game, two similar spots using the same lousy ear worm piano music! I keep the remote handy so I can hit the mute button fast!

Your premiums put to the best use possible! :huh:

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Squire said:

That can't possibly beat Geico's and Progressive's incessant commercials. The Apocalypse probably won't even stop them.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Tony Bensley said:
Discovering that a "Free" software program is de facto Trial ware, coupled with being unable to subsequently find another "Free" equivalent! :P

If it's "trialware," or "shareware," why don't they just say so?!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
bmasters9 said:
If it's "trialware," or "shareware," why don't they just say so?!

I'd say the mostly likely reason would be the hope that by the time a user realizes the program is a trial one, they'll be sufficiently hooked to pay up afterward. I also refer to freeware in which certain features (In my experience, usually the more useful ones!) are on a non disclosed trial basis! :P

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Price jumps at the start of the new year. I went to my local discount Theatre today and their prices jumped from $1.65 to $3, except on Wednesdays which is $1.50 all day. The previous raise in price was 15 cents last year. It may not seem like much but it adds up, especially if you are on a budget.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Squire said:

All insurance commercials (about 50% of commercials nowadays) get on my nerves.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kevin Hewell said:
All insurance commercials (about 50% of commercials nowadays) get on my nerves.

Insurance commercials and all the marketing for prescription drugs. You know the money could be better spent on lowering prices or new research, rather than wasting millions on television ads.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't mind GEICO ads at all; they've probably had more truly clever and funny commercials over the years than any other company.

Prescription pharmaceutical ads really piss me off.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
People who use the term "awesome sauce".

I have no idea what it's supposed to mean, but there are two people in my office who use it frequently. I just want to slap them in the face each time I hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks