What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-28-2007 (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
That is just bizarre! In other words, Walmart got them to split the FNL season set in two so they can sell individual volumes and then they go and upcharge each set an extra buck so you wind up paying $22 for the exact same content that is literally available everywhere else for $19.99. That's a heckuva deal... Thanks Walmart! :rolleyes

Midnighter

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Gillease
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I picked up the Target exclusive version of Heroes season 1 today. Have yet to watch the extras so I can't speak on them, but I will say I really like the packaging for this version more than the regular set. The extra disc isn't tacked on the outside, they actually used an 8-disc packaging to fit it in seamlessly. Also, it's covered with Tim Sale's gorgeous paintings - as a comics fan this makes me very happy! IMHO it was worth the extra expense.

And the Target I went to had Wiis. How crazy is that?

Also swung by BB to nab the director's cut of Requiem for a Dream for $4. Can't beat that!

A long overdue thank you for the weekly roundup. Mike & Patrick - you're the best!

-Kevin Gillease

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I got Friday Night Lights at Best Buy. After using a $5 rewards coupon, the set only cost $15 plus tax. That is an amazing price a 22 episode season.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Didn't get anything this week, but found a few titles at Target not listed in the flyer:
Odd Couple S2: $29.99
Outer Limits S2: $22.99
Blades of Glory: $16.99 (HD: $29.99)

Also released this week, but it's exclusive to Starbucks, is the Best Of SNL 06/07 which they have for $16.95. It also includes a bonus disc with an episode of 30 Rock, deleted scenes and a featurette on the show.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
F.Y.E., of all places, has "Heroes" the cheapest.

For $32.99 after a mail-in rebate.

Also "Blades of Glory" for $12.99 w/ mail-in rebate. And tons more w/ mail-in rebates.

I didn't bite just yet. I hate *&^#@!!@#$ mail-in rebates. Has anyone tried this from FYE and did you ever get your money?

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I've submitted FYE rebates (probably 5 -6 over the past 2 years) from DVD purchases and have received my checks without any issues.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

yeah it was buy 2 get 1 free.

anyway dead now.

Did anyone pick up year of the dog?

i watched that last week and couldnt believe what a miserable piece of crap that movie was.

everyone in it was a terrible selfish person and the actions of the people
in the movie kept resulting in dead pet dogs.

horrible

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I'm glad I didn't pick it up, but I do have it in MyQ from Blockbuster.

I'd thought that I'd give a try since the consensus over at RottenTomatoes.com is decent (72%).

Now I'm reconsidering even renting it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
jeff, be free to form your own opinion on this.
you may like it if you are a molly shannon fan.

i just found it to be pointless.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I can't believe it took someone that long to make that joke! But it does have that Justin Timberlake video apparently, which I heard was EXTREMELY funny.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wasn't Lazy Sunday from 2006?

Between that and the Timberlake bit, the disc must be at least 5 or 6 minutes!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I looked at the DVD yesterday and there's a bit on there called "D*ck In A Box" (or something close to that) which is the one that ended up all over YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks