What's new

Weekly Roundup 2/12 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
but I have been told that another reason ads advertise HOT PRICE (or similar wording) in lieu of an actual price because a studio has set a "minimum advertised price". I understand that sellers who do not comply with the studio's wishes are "punished" in various ways.
Yeah, I've posted before that EXACT type of information about MAPs. And, frankly, I was derelict in posting what I did without mentioning MAPs as the real PRIMARY reason for the "Hot PRICE' copy in these ads. The reasons I just posted are more of a secondary reason; an added benefit.
As for examples of when this has happened? Um, it just did, I think. ;)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Not only is Best Buy selling it for $17.99, but if you pick up a copy without the free ticket inside (you can tell because it won't have the sticker on the front advertising the ticket's precense), then they will discount an additional $5.50 (the value of the kid's ticket that's missing) from the price.
My story went a little different. Best Buy did not have this advertised at all here in Syracuse, NY. I did not get a $5.50 off nor a free kid's ticket. I also asked about it but did not push the issue too much because my only source was heresay. They looked at me like I had 3 heads. Oh well, $17.99 is still not a bad price.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Not only is Best Buy selling it for $17.99, but if you pick up a copy without the free ticket inside (you can tell because it won't have the sticker on the front advertising the ticket's precense), then they will discount an additional $5.50 (the value of the kid's ticket that's missing) from the price.
My Best Buy didn't automatically discount the $5.50, but when I complained the DVD was supposed to come with a movie ticket, the cashier said "I think we're out of tickets" and he gave me $5.50 off. Also, if you buy Peter Pan SE with Disney's American Legends, you'll get an extra $3 off (there is a coupon for this on the front of the American Legends DVD).

Combine the $5.50 savings (with the $3 savings if you want American Legends) and Best Buy's preferred customer coupon (10% off) this weekend, it's a nifty deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks