What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12/14/04 (1 Viewer)

Rodon

Second Unit
Picked up:

LOTR ROTK EE
The LOTR EE 3-Pack for a chistmas gift for a buddy
I Robot
ST TOS Season 3 to complete the madness.

I look back at owning all 7 of the Next Generations and the 3 Original series and just cringe - $1000 or so worth (guve or take a hundred or so). Glad I do not weigh the pricing of the entire collection.

On the bright side I cashed in $15 of Reward zone coupons and racked up another $196 worth of points. After Christmas purchases I will have enough coupons for King of the Hill 3 :)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I just got back from my local BB and picked up Top Gun with bonus disc at $12.99 (K-Mart price match) :). The guy in the DVD department wasn't very enthusiastic about doing the price match after I showed him the K-Mart flyer. He commented that he "didn't think they had the bonus disc there" and that I should take it up to customer service because "they'll probably do it since you brought the ad and everything". Customer service did it without batting an eye.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

So it is in the K-mart flyer!! I was just in there yesterday, and must have picked up the toy flyer. There was another flyer too that definitely wasn't the regular one. Why is it so complicated. I'll have to stop in and hunt for the regular flyer to take to Best Buy IF they still have any Widescreen with the bonus disc that is.

Patrick.C

Second Unit

Yep - its the first DVD shown on the left in a row of DVDs along the top of a page. Surprisingly, even though they were the best B&M price on Top Gun SE, the rest of the advertised prices were lousy.

James_S

Second Unit
Picked up:

LOTR: ROTK EE
Collateral (Blind Buy)
Top Gun SE w/bonus disc (Last widescreen left w/bonus disc)

Kinda of disappointed in the price for Mary Poppins.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I have a sinking feeling they won't have any bonus discs left by the time I can get to BB.

Not even sure calling ahead will give me a correct answer since they were wrong last time I asked them something.

Worth a shot though. Hopefully, no one will pick up the bonus disc in the 40 minutes it takes me to get there. Have to grab a K-Mart flyer to try to price match too.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
FWIW--my local Best Buy had plenty of copies of Top Gun SE w/ the bonus disc.

Updated prices for you Costco folks--Star Trek S3 is selling for $80.99 (I'm sure more than a few of you will disagree with me, but the BB bonus disc that comes with ST S3 isn't worth the $19.99 +tax "premium" to me IMHO), Top Gun SE for $11.49 (if you can live w/o the bonus disc), and Mary Poppins for $18.29 (a bit higher than CC but the 30 cent +tax difference wasn't worth an additional stop to CC for me).

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I was at Sam's Club earlier and saw the Top Gun SCE for only $12. I actually considered getting it, but than noticed that didn't have any widescreen copies for some reason. Odd since they're usually good about that thing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Shopped at my local Wal-Mart tonight:

ROTK EE: $22.99 (Best Buy price match. Marked $$24.xx at W-M)
I, Robot: $14.84
Mary Poppins: $15.99!!!!! (He shoots, he scores!)

Would have PM'd Top Gun (foregoing the BB bonus disc), but they didn't have a K-Mart flyer for me to use and I forgot to bring one. I figure I'll probably be able to get it cheap at BJs....or maybe I'll wander by Best Buy and see if my store has any with the bonus disc left.

And, FWIW, even though they didn't have the best price in the world, my W-M had very few copies of the EE.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mike, thanks for the head's up on the MP price at WM. I wasn't planning on picking it up, but if the one by me has it for that cheap, I'll probably pick it up. I was planning on stopping there tomorrow anyway, so I'll check it out.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Chris Sigua, you wrote:

I was very surprised that Fry's would sell RoTK:EE for that cheap! It must be a loss leader item to drive people to buy other stuff at the store. :D Whatever it was, there was a pretty large crowd at the Sacramento, CA store early this morning that took a direct beeline to the DVD display racks to buy the set. :)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Mike,

I was at BJs last night and Top Gun was marked $12.99. They also had Princess Diaries 2 for $15.99 ($18.29 - $2.30 Instant off). Mary Poppins was $18.49 I believe.

Wallyworld pricing:

Princess Diaries 2 - $14.86
Princess Diaries/Princess Diaries 2 Pack -- $24.96
Mary Poppins - $14.86
I, Robot - $14.86
Collateral - $14.86
ROK EE - $22.87
Bourne Supremacy - $14.86
Dodgeball - $14.86
Top Gun SE - $12.86

As usual YMMV at Wallyworld but its certainly worth a stop by your local one to see what they have.

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A co-worker this morning couldn't wait to tell me one of the other Wal-Marts in my area had ROTK EE last night for $20.xx!!! I'm doubting its worth the hassle to make the exchange for $2, but.....

For anyone in the Capital District who's interested, its the Glenmont W-M. That's a great price for that product!

Greg: Thanks for the BJs price on Top Gun.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Called ahead yesterday to BB regarding Top Gun. They told me they only had 15-20 left with the bonus disc when I asked about widescreen copies.

I was expecting a crude attachment to the package like the Jones sets, so at first I thought they had none left by the time I got there, but then I saw the "Bonus Disc Inside" sticker. Turned out EVERY set I saw on the floor, Widescreen and Fullscreen (didn't see too many of those) had the disc! They didn't have a heck of a lot on display anywhere, but those that were out were all 3 discers. Excellent!

And, I got them to price-match K-Mart. They had to give me 10% of the difference too, so I got it for 12.79 instead of 12.99. Only thing was I had to go to Customer Service to do the price-match which took like 15 minutes. They gave me a rough time at first because there is no State College K-Mart anymore. Mine's in Burnham. I said "Lewistown and Burnham match State College" so why shouldn't it work the other way around?" Then, the girl went looking for the phone number for my K-mart which she couldn't find anywhere. I guess they have to check to see if it's in-stock or something. Heck, it's a catalogue title and it was the first day of release! She couldn't find the number, so she went ahead and gave me the price-match. The things I go through to save two dollars.

Picked up ROTK EE for my parents for Christmas while I was there and felt kind of stupid that I' didn't think to pre-order 2 copies and try to get two $5 digital coupons (anyone know if you could do that) when I ordered mine online with my free shipping offer. Don't have the one I ordered yet.

If I only knew what to get my one sister my Christmas shopping would be complete.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
My wife took a look at BJs yesterday and reported that the ROTK Gift Set is about $45 there.

Neil

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
In case anyone's interested in the following, my Wal-Mart had good prices on the following:

3: The Dale Earnhardt Story - $15.96
Fat Albert 4-disc set - $24.96(!)
Fat Albert single disc - $9.8x
Mary Poppins - $15.86

Obviously, YMMV on all of the above.
Surprisingly, they didn't have any Top Gun SEs - I didn't even see a spot for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks