What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12/14/04 (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I just got back from BB.
Appears the "bonus disc" is just a "28 minute featurette".
But I guess the price was right for it.
Just be sure you grab one with the sticker that says "Extra Bonus Disc" on the front cover, they had them all buried in the back. (edit: Oh. I'm talking about the Top Gun:SE)

Also picked up ROTK Gift set. Figured I may as well get it at the lowest price it will be.

Haven't opened either yet but since I'm not working today I have all day :D

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
:b
Edited.

Yep. Just threw it in the DVD player. 28 mins.

Now. Disc 2 on the SE appears it may be 3 hours, but the BB bonus disc is NOT 3 hours.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Good news about the LOTR EE versions. Seems they are allowing people like me, who bought all of th EE individually to purchase the slipcase to house all 3 movies for only $3.00 Takes 8-10 weeks for shipping but I'm one of the early birds to fill out a request I might get it sooner.

http://www.lotrdvdbox.com/

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Hate to reply again so quickly, about the LOTR EE's. I'm using the book ends that came with FOTR to hold them.
Sweet.
I haven't opened my ROTK giftset, but that statue weighs a ton. (not quite, but it's heavy) I figure the statue was worth an extra $30 bucks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Now I can't remember where I got that idea in the first place. :b

In the review thread, Charlie De Lauzirika said that the featurette on the BB bonus disc is excellent, and would have been included in the set itself had there been space for it.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
No. I remember that too Aaron. That's why I HAD to have the bonus disc. It was mentioned in the Software section.
I guess that extra 28 minutes wouldn't fit on the regular discs :D

Edit:

Looks like the usual "fluff" to me :D
Now I must say, I haven't watched it. But can verify it's only 28 mins.
(have I mentioned it's only 28 mins :laugh: )

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator

This went on sale yesterday. I ordered mine box yesterday along with a bunch of people from dvdtalk. :) Still waiting on this dvd to come in the mail.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I'd love to hear some opinions from anyone who checks out the Top Gun BB Bonus disc.

I'd like to know if it's worth the drive and the extra $2 over K-Mart (assuming my K-mart even has it for $12.99).

The gas makes it another $4 for me. Thinking I might check K-mart first and cave unless the featurette is THAT good.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well that's a bummer about the Bonus Disc in Top Gun!

I just got back from BB to get it since I really wanted the Bonus Disc --- only 1 in the store so much for the "minimum 25 per store". I was lucky to get it!
I did however pricematch to the K-mart no problem so $12.99 + the bonus disc.

I also nabbed from CC Princess Diaries 2 (pricematched to Sears $15.99), I, Robot, & Collateral (Blind Buy).

ROTK is on the Christmas List so I held off on that (better be under the tree Santa!!).

Anyway now to see if I can get the Rocky set (if I sell my old one)

Thanks again for the Roundup Mike!!

OH I should mention I was at BB they had signs up that stated if you bought any 2 $5.99 DVDs you got 10% off of them. Not bad if you doing the Bargain Bin thing!

Greg

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
You and 24 Best Buy employees at that particular store were all very fortunate. ;)

I picked up what looked like the last copy with the bonus disc at my local store as well.

Regards,

Chris Sigua

Stunt Coordinator
Just got ROTK:EE from Fry's for $20.99. It's today only and I only saw 30-40 of them in the DVD area. Maybe more in the back but I don't know. So go early if you want to get one.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Just watched the bonus disc & was impressed.
It delivers what it promises "Inside the real Top Gun"
I'd suggest watching it before the movie....

My BB had several copies of the bonus disc. YMMV.

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Yep I guess so. Its strange because normally I have never had a problem with this at BB. I have often gone late in the day/evening and still gotten what I needed but somehow this time I had a bad feeling there would be little to none :thumbsdown:.

Greg

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Big week of course:D

1.)Return of the King EE Gift set (My DVD of the decade is finally here)
2.)Mary Poppins
3.) Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S.
4.) Son of Godzilla

All stuff I want to watch right away this week but not enough time.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Thanks for the info, Brian. I'll call ahead after work to see if they still have any. I won't be able to get there until close to 7 p.m. If it's anything like the Indy set, they'll have lots of bonus discs available with the Fullscreen version. Grrr.:angry:

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy has Rocky Giftset for $39.99 here.

Picked up that along with ROTK EE Giftset, Top Gun, Collateral, and Door in the Floor.

There were a ton of P&S Top Gun's with the Bonus disc very few WS copies left. Until I found one buried under others I considered just buying the P&S to re-sell minus the bonus disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks