What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-10-2009 (1 Viewer)

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
I wrote Amazon yesterday and asked them if I was eligible for the "Snow White Thank You" discount for Up and Monsters, Inc. I received a reply from them this morning saying that I was not, but as a courtesy they would give me the $10 discount anyway. So, they gave me a refund of $10. That brings the price down to $23 total for the two movies. Not bad.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
going to go to Best Buy to pick up my UP preorder along with Monsters Inc...

will definitely be trying to use the Monsters $8 coupon plus the UP coupon...

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Beware! Installing this coupon printer loaded a virus on my computer.

Originally Posted by Derek Miner

EDIT: I now have the Rewards coupon from logging in and entering the UPC from my DVD of "Monsters, Inc." Let's see how BB reacts Tuesday morning...

/forum/thread/294699/weekly-roundup-11-10-2009#post_3625822

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Okay, went to Best Buy to pick up Monsters, Inc. and Up. Had both manufacturers coupons: $10 for Up and $8 for Monsters, Inc. Also, had an ad from Fry's to price match with. Fry's had Up for $19.95 and Monsters, Inc. for $23.77 with an offer for $10 off if you bought both, making the prices $14.95 & $18.77 respectively. Also, pointed out to the person at customer service that Best Buy's own website had Up priced at $19.99 just to reinforce the Fry's pricing as she questioned whether or not the $19.95 in the Fry's ad was already reflecting the additional $10 off if you bought both. Anyway, was able to price match to the Fry's pricing of $14.95 & $18.77, so with tax and then the manufacturers coupons my total came to $18.50 for both blu-rays. Actually ended up spending only $10 as I had previously put down a $7.50 deposit on Up in order to get the exclusive steelbook case for holding the discs.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
AND...I was ticked off that my amazon pre-order of Up & Monster's Inc (with a third item added AND with Super Saver Shipping) was marked in my account that it would ship on Nov. 16 and be delivered between Nov. 23 & Dec. 1.

Well, it shipped today (Nov. 10) and is marked for a delivery on Nov. 16. But, I suspect it will likely get here Friday or Saturday (November 13 or 14).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Was able to get Up/Monsters blu at target for $16.xx with various coupons.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
At Target UP scans $19.99 and INC. is $26.99. Target also has on pack $10 off for both. Disney has a $10 and an $8 off plus target.com has a $10 off. Target wouldn't allow all four coupons. So I didn't use the $8 coupon.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
$10.98 (+tax) for both Monsters Inc and UP Blu-ray at Target after redeeming Target $10 web coupon and MI $8 and UP $10 manufacturer coupons, then PM to BB $18.99 MI price.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by TonyD

At Target UP scans $19.99 and INC. is $26.99. Target also has on pack $10 off for both. Disney has a $10 and an $8 off plus target.com has a $10 off. Target wouldn't allow all four coupons. So I didn't use the $8 coupon.
$10 MI/UP peelie coupon (the one you used in place of the $8 MI one) states no coupon doubling (i.e., no manufacturer coupon stacking) so you should consider yourself fortunate that Target allowed you to use it in combination with the $10 UP manufacturer coupon. However, if you really wanted to game the system by getting away with using all three manufacturer coupons (plus the Target coupon), you might have tried adding an additional item since I'm guessing the POS system has been programmed to flag when someone attempts to redeem more manufacturer coupons than number of valid items available--in this case, attempting to redeem 3 manufacturer coupons on the purchase of 2 items...such an attempt is generally not permitted.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was going to price match too but I felt very satisfied with the $16.xx price for both.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... Considering the very substantial diff in net price, I'm now considering just returning the Amazon order -- a first for me -- and buying Up and Monsters Inc locally instead. If it were just a couple bucks or so, I wouldn't care so much, but now, we're probably talking more like a $15-20(!) diff -- and I wasn't even sure I wanted to upgrade Monsters Inc w/out a great deal.

_Man_

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I just bought my first Blu-Ray disc, the 4-disc Up combo pack. I'm still SD only, but I hate buying movies anymore because I know I'll get a Blu-Ray player eventually. With the $10 off MFG coupon and first day Best Buy pricing, the 4-disc combo pack was cheaper than the standard DVD -- a no brainer. Hopefully other big blockbusters will rock the combo pack, too. I'm definitely willing to pay a premium to futureproof my collection, as long as I have and SD copy to watch in the meantime.

James_Koch

Agent
Okay, I did get my deal.

The main problem was that the computer wouldn't allow him to adjust the price of UP to match the website, and give me the $10 off promotion at the same time. He ended up taking the $4 difference off of the copy of Heat i was buying instead.

They also took both coupons, but afterwards the cashier read the fine print and realized that it stated it could not be used in conjunction with another manufacturer's offer, which I guess the $10 off w/both deal was. However at that point he said that he already had it all in the computer and that it was fine, and he totalled it up.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The downside with Best Buy is that they process manufacturer's coupons manually after the order is totalled up, so you're paying tax on the amount before the coupon. Still, I didn't feel like dicking with price matching so $15 and change was a good enough price for me.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

The downside with Best Buy is that they process manufacturer's coupons manually after the order is totalled up, so you're paying tax on the amount before the coupon. Still, I didn't feel like dicking with price matching so $15 and change was a good enough price for me.
Actually I learned today that is apparently the law in some states and not a BB decision. Manufacturer's Coupons are treated as cash and ofter store coupons aren't. At Target today, the 10 off Target (store coupon) was deducted from the Item price while Disney Man. Coupons were listed as a line item by the computer so tax was paid on the subtotal and then the MC were deducted. I've noticed the same at the Grocery and Costco that tax is applied on the pre-discount price, but never understood why some discounts were pretax and others post even on the same receipt.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Wow, look at all those $20 BluRays priced at $30 at Best Buy! Are they trying to raise the prices now so their Black Friday sales may look good in comparison? Yikes.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Frank,

How did you contact Amazon w/ the request? I went thru a Contact Us link on the site the last couple days and got rejected.

Since it sounds like a couple different coupons can be stacked for a B&M purchase that comes very close to having that Snow White Thank You offer added, I'd like to give it another shot and maybe mention that there are better deals going on at B&M stores right now.

Thanks.

_Man_
Man,

I went to "my accounts" and clicked on the "view order details" button. On the "details" page I clicked on the "visit our help page button". From the help page I clicked the "contact us" button and chose the" write an e-mail" option. Then I simply asked if I was eligible for the snow white thank-you refund. I referenced the order number for Snow White in the e-mail. It took one day to get a response from Amazon.

I hope this is not to late for you, Man. I usually get on HTF in the mornings. I saw that you might try the B&M route, but if you do decide to try Amazon one more time, I hope you have success.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Hmmm... Considering the very substantial diff in net price, I'm now considering just returning the Amazon order -- a first for me -- and buying Up and Monsters Inc locally instead. If it were just a couple bucks or so, I wouldn't care so much, but now, we're probably talking more like a $15-20(!) diff -- and I wasn't even sure I wanted to upgrade Monsters Inc w/out a great deal.

_Man_
You might want to reconsider--reports are that quite a few Target stores are already OOS of Monsters Inc....some stores even selling out the same day it was released. My local Target had but three copies left when I got there at 9:15am yesterday (Tuesday)...now whether that was because they didn't receive a bunch of copies to begin with--I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks