Weekly RoundUp 11-1-2011 (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by David Norman

Made a semi-pauper of myself at BN today at the 50% off sale at about $15 a pop.

That will be me, tomorrow. Looking forward to the in-store thrill, if not to the bank statement.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Chas in CT said:
That will be me, tomorrow.  Looking forward to the in-store thrill, if not to the bank statement.
Got to make sure to bring your coupons and in the immortal words of the Duke Brothers -- BUY, BUY, BUY I never could get the 8off40's to work for anything so I had to use my 20% off coupons (the member and the nonmember AMEX). So many people seem to get the 8off to work, but .......

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yep -- got my member card, my non-member card , all the coupons and the AmEx, and the want list I made up this week. Making my rounds, I'll be hitting two B&Ns that are always well stocked in Criterions.

In addition, I'll be seeing the newly released HD "Bye Bye Birdie" at one of the finest old theaters anywhere, and dining at one of the highest rated independent slider (as in: burger) establishments still in existence since the 1940s. Yes sir, it'll be a fine day.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by David Norman

Originally Posted by Chas in CT [url=/t/315841/weekly-roundup-11-1-2011/30#post_3867512]

That will be me, tomorrow. Looking forward to the in-store thrill, if not to the bank statement.

Got to make sure to bring your coupons and in the immortal words of the Duke Brothers -- BUY, BUY, BUY

I never could get the 8off40's to work for anything so I had to use my 20% off coupons (the member and the nonmember AMEX). So many people seem to get the 8off to work, but .......

Maybe you can try the 8off40 on Kieslowski's Three Color Trilogy later this month. That's what I plan to do although a 20%-off coupon would be almost the same in that case.

_Man_

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
ManW_TheUncool said:
Maybe you can try the 8off40 on Kieslowski's Three Color Trilogy later this month.  That's what I plan to do although a 20%-off coupon would be almost the same in that case. _Man_
Fingers crossed. I had that plan, but figured for Three Colors it'll make minimal difference (80 cents as i figure the difference) . I'm really hoping that it will work on Fanny and Alexander on my next run, but if not I'll live. Rules of the Game will be mine as well -- November is a great month of releases. At least I did get off all my preorders on the preorders that will be released after the official sale is over -- 12 Angry Men, Rushmore, The Lady Vanishes, Belle du jour, Design for Living, Gojira. 19.99 each, but I won't have to wait until July to get them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The $6.99 Gangs of New York at Best Buy is the fixed version?

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
David Norman said:
I think BB has the best price of the major outlets (if you have a Nebraska Furniture Mart nearby then price match them at some store). The 2 disc BB has for 22.99 and I haven't found anybody significantly different yet. So even without 3D, i opted for the 5 disc combo. Made a semi-pauper of myself at BN today at the 50% off sale at about $15 a pop.
The 5 disc combo is the best deal around right now (with the $5 Disney coupon) for the Cars 2 BR even if you don't have 3D. But there is not much time - I believe this special BB price runs out after today. Note - I am not affiliated with BB in any way. Mike - I am definitely going to be around more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks