What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-1-2005 - Revenge of the Sith Edition (1 Viewer)

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Star Wars III
Office Space
War of the Worlds

And I need to finally pick up SW I & II since there is no boxset for all 3. :frowning:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst

Since BB's price is a dollar more that CC, you'll be asking CC to raise the price a dollar for you!:D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.
The Adventures of Pete & Pete: season 2
Office Space: Special Edition

Thanks for the roundup.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
First of all, thanks as always Mike & Patrick for the weekly Round-Up.

Secondly, Mike, it looks like you need to fix a tab in your pricing table above for The Rains Came.

Lastly, Fry's Electronics has again gone with 2 separate ads for Southern California - one for the San Diego area stores and one for the Los Angeles area stores promoting their Oxnard store grand opening.

Fry's Electronics ad prices (San Diego & San Marcos stores only):
New Releases
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith - LOW PRICE GUARANTEE!
The Perfect Man $14.99
Available Tuesday 11/01/05
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Catalog Titles
Carlito's Way: Rise to Power
Cinderella
Sahara
Kung Fu Hustle
Robots
Your Choice $13.99 Each
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Prices good Sun, Oct. 30, 2005 thru Tues, Nov. 1, 2005.

------------------------

Fry's Electronics ad prices: Grand Opening Sale.A.Bration - Newest Store Oxnard
Prices good in Oxnard, Burbank, Fountain Valley, Manhattan Beach, Woodland Hills, Anaheim, and City of Industry stores!):
New Release
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith - LOW PRICE GUARANTEE!
Available Tuesday 11/1
Limit 1 Per Customer

Catalog Titles
Constantine
Unleashed
$14.99 Each Your Choice
Limit 1 Title Per Customer

Prices good Sun, Oct. 30, 2005 thru Tues, Nov. 1, 2005.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
FYI/warning on the BB 2/$20 sale. According to a post at DVDTalk, the 2-disc THX 1138 set was pictured in the ad in error - it is actually the single-disc release that is included in the sale. When that DVDTalk member purchased the 2-disc THX with another of the 2/$20 titles, they both rang up regular price. And at BB.com the single-disc is has the 2/20 sale mention in its listing but the 2-disc does not. Looks like that deal's going to be a YMMV situation.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Not seeing it, Jeff...unless Patrick went ahead and fixed it for me.

I had no other flyers pertinent to the RotS news in my local Sunday paper this week. I was really hoping for a Toys 'R' Us flyer but it wasn't to be. :frowning:

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Hmmm...I thought there was purpose to be a box for the Prequel trilogy. I will probably get episode 3 for Christmas, as my brother going to end up buying it this week. Thanks for the round up, Mike.

John Swarce

Second Unit

Doh! I meant I would price match the War of the Worlds DVD at Best Buy with the Circuit City ad. Must have had a brain cramp this morning. And to think I got an extra hour of sleep today!

John

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Mike, you need a tab between "The Rains Came" and the first price "$11.23" -- everything is shifted over one column to the left in that row.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Dammit. The Brady Bunch kind of snuck up on me. I'm trying to save my entertainment dollar for an HD card, so I may have to hold off on it for now. Then again, it's the Hawaiian episodes!

Well, I'll definitely get War of the Worlds. That may be all this week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Scott (and Jeff): Thanks! The weird thing is...I couldn't see ANY problem with the table. But, when I looked at the code, I DID have a carot pointing in the wrong direction [Dave Letterman voice]And I think we all know how painful THAT can be![/Dave Letterman voice].

Hopefully, all is now well?! I wonder why I didn't see anything out of the ordinary because of that?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Almost forgot...

in this week's K-Mart flyer...nothing but "Low Price" listed for Episode III. But, they do list Episodes I & II for $8.99 apiece for those folks who may need to catch up on their prequel trilogy.

K-Mart did list prices of:

$19.99 Millions

and

$14.99 Office Space SE.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Brady Bunch Season 4 and War of the Worlds (1953) for me this week. And maybe... maybe... Star Wars: ROTS. Maybe.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Regarding the Wal-Mart bonus disc - the flyer reads "Bonus behind-the-scenes DVD with exclusive footage" The description on walmart.com never mentioned anything about having "behind the scenes" footage. Maybe a Wal-Mart employee can get his hands on this disc today and let us know what is on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks