What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-1-2005 - Revenge of the Sith Edition (1 Viewer)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
One thing to consider for anyone having difficulty finding the bonus disc at their local Wally World - Sam's may be carrying it too. They stocked the Cinderella 3-disc that had the CD.

John Swarce

Second Unit

Must be some unadvertised Quizno's promo, as I found a coupon for a free Quizno's sub inside my Office Space DVD (I got the gift set, BTW). One cool thing was a $5 off coupon for a full-size red swingline stapler from swingline.com! :emoji_thumbsup:

John

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Wal-Mart bonus package for me, @ $19.96. The movie alone was 14.96 at this store in Wadsworth, OH.

If you can't find the DVD bonus pacs make sure you go to entrance of the store where they have the new DVD display set ups. At the store I go to it is only on the grocery side entrance. That is where they had the 3 figure action pacs with the DVD displays and plenty of the bonus DVDs. The electronics section had only the movie and not even signed with the sale price.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
At BB: ROTS w/ litho $11.99 (using $3 in BB Bucks) and
Two for the Road $6.99 (using $3 in BB Bucks).

I really wanted to pick up WoO 2-disc price matching Fry's at $14.99 but they didn't have any copies left... I might go by another BB on the way home...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, so much for saving my entertainment dollar. :rolleyes

I ended up with:

War of the Worlds
Brady Bunch S4
Revenge of the Sith Fullscreen (just kidding)
Batman 1943 Serial

I thought about adding Batman Begins and Munsters S2, but that would have really been pushing it. All this was at Best Buy. I decided the Wal-Mart bonus disc wasn't worth the effort. I watched the presentation online right before Attack of the Clones came out, and it was alright. I don't need it for posterity. I did get the lithograph, though. I could have saved a lot of money when the girl forgot to ring up the Batman serial, but I'm a good person and dutifully informed her. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Was planning on going to BestBuy for RotS and use some BestBuy bucks...but they'll have to be used on something else because I went to Wal-Mart instead. And, I figured I wouldn't hae time for BB for another couple of days.

RotS at my Wal-Mart was $14.87. With the bonus disc, RotS was $19.98. I also picked up the documentary Star Wait at Target for $4.99. Wasn't going to...but it looks like fun.

Also picked up a two-movie disc from Universal which contains Holiday Inn and Going My Way. Its under a banner of "Universal Cinema Classics" but I am admittedly concerned about these two well-known movies (Going My Way is the Best Picture winner of 1944!) being on one disc for $9.88! Does anyone know if I'm about to be majorly disappointed by their treatment?

And while I NEVER include CD releases in the RoundUp, I always make an exception when its Diana Krall. Her Christmas CD was released this week. It's on sale for $11.99 at BB, CC, and Target.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Forgot to mention that while I was on my tour of the Wal-Mart and target near me...both had only FS copies of Millions. :thumbsdown: :angry:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

At $4.94 per movie, how disappointed could you be? Maybe if the case was empty....

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Simply curious if this was a sub-par release and if I should look for other releases to get better treatments of the film. That's all. And, the only reason I'm asking is because it seems like its a "too good to be true" scenario.

================================================== ======

EDIT** And now to answer my own question is a review I've found by HTF poster Colin Jacobson at his own website: Going My Way/Holiday Inn Originally released at $29.99 in 1999!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I always Freaking Do it. I was intending a light week I went into Best Buy to Get Star Wars and my Free Lithograph and I came out with that and War of the Worlds SE, Star Trek Enterprise S4, Star Trek Nemesis SE, War of the Worlds S1 the Damn TV Show Jesus Impulse Buy.. and a Pair of Koss Earbuds for My 5G Ipod coming tommorrow...just kill me now.. I have to Stay away from B&M stores, Damn Netflix had Entreprise and the WOTW Series on Short wait and it looked so Inviting. Now off to get a 2nd job.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
fye.com has the Diana Krall for $7.99 after $5 rebate. Of course, you have to mail the rebate, pay shipping and tax... THey also have new Santana for same so if you bundle a few things, it may help with shipping.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Two for the Road was sticker priced at $9.99 at my Best Buy here in West Hollywood. Apparently so was Orchestra Wives and The Rains Came. The store itself was empty at 8:30 AM when I stopped by - no Star Wars fans anywhere. ;)

They should be fine - they are short movies on a dual layer disc, similar to the Don Knott's re-packaging of four of his five Uni titles into a single disc set. This shouldn't suffer from the same problems on a few players that the recent Bela Lugosi set did.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
for "Backstage Pass" members at FYE/Camelot/Coconuts/etc.. (all TWEC stores), you can get the Sex And The City collection for $161.99 ($179.99 - the 10% members save on all purchases) plus you get a $20 rebate (the UPC code is located on a slip of paper where it won't destroy the packaging), and on top of that you also receive a $10 rebate for free gas since the set is over $75 (this goes for all over-$75 purchases), so after rebates, the set is practically $131.99. However, the set I picked up was the only one they had at the FYE here, so YMMV on it. But it is the best deal I can find on the item factoring in the rebates.

FYE also buys used CD's and DVD's for store credit, so you can bring in your old S&TC DVD's and get that towards the purchase as well (that's what I did).

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Orchestra Wives and Enterprise S4 here. How's that for a pair?

First stop had sold out of Ent4. Second stop: saw one fellow with a copy in his hand continuing to browse and an empty shelf space for Ent4. Hmmm....

Luckily more were in the back & were brought out.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
ATTENTION WAL-MART SHOPPERS! I don't know if this was just my store (it probably was) but it appears that the Wal-Mart bonus disc has truly become a bonus disc (free) after all.

I returned to my local Super Wal Mart last night to pick up something non-DVD related and thought I would check out the electronics dept. to see if they had put the action figures out. To my surprise, they had marked down ALL of the ROTS discs (with and without bonus disc) to $14.96. I immediately asked the guy if it was correct and he said yes. So I scanned one of the remaining bonus disc packs (fool screen of course) on a price scanner right in front of him. $19.96. He said not to worry about it - it was ringing up in the computer wrong. I told him that I had purchased it that morning at $19.96 and that I had it in the car still shrink wrapped. He told me to carry it up to the customer service desk and they would price adjust it. And if they had any problem with it to call him. Wow! So that was 5 bucks back in my wallet.

And in other news, I checked the Sam's Club (which happens to be right across the street) and they did indeed have the bonus disc two packs. But for $20.88! Yikes. I figured they would be a dollar or so cheaper, not more expensive. Their single copies were $18.88.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks