What's new

WBshop.com has a one day free shipping sale on everything but ... (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
wb_header_freeshipping.jpg

Movies!!:(
What a deal ...

images

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Barnes & Noble has also been excluding movies from their recent coupons. I don't think it's that physical media is dying, it's that retailers are actively trying to kill it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Barnes & Noble has also been excluding movies from their recent coupons. I don't think it's that physical media is dying, it's that retailers are actively trying to kill it.

BN is excluding just some of the coupons to make it more odd. The Criterion debacle had it's own issues, but their are some codes working
for movies and some not. There is an upcoming 20% single item store/online for middle of next week that for now is OK with Movies. There in an online 20% only code that's fine with movies and unlike almost every other coupon even works with the new HP book

Not much in the way of sales anyway right now, but sometimes Labor Day weekend they have some sort of offer -- sometimes very good, sometimes not much of anything

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
During the most recent B&N Criterion sale some of the discounts excluded Criterion but allowed other brands of DVD/bluray.

But IMHO there is definitely a trend when the direct purchasing arm of a movie/tv studio has a disincentive to buy product from them directly especially when other retailers offer free shipping for less minimum purchase and cheaper prices as well :(

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Well, in this case WBSHop isn't actually part of Warner anymore. It was sold to a group of people calling themselves (Edit for sp) Bolder Road last year though it kept the name. It's one of the reasons there havent been any sales in the last 18 months until the one recent WAV sale.

Now admittedly many of the execs used to work for Warner and Lionsgate and a couple other studios, but it's not actual affiliated.
The same group own Hobbitshop, Cartoonnetworkshop. and HarryPottershop and shopDCEntertainment.com

Last edited:

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Well, in this case WBSHop isn't actually part of Warner anymore. It was sold to a group of people calling themselves Boulder Road last year though it kept the name. It's one of the reasons there havent been any sales in the last 18 months until the one recent WAV sale.

Now admittedly many of the execs used to work for Warner and Lionsgate and a couple other studios, but it's not actual affiliated.
The same group own Hobbitshop, Cartoonnetworkshop. and HarryPottershop and shopDCEntertainment.com

Their name is actually Bolder Road, and I wish they would be a little bolder in their sales offerings.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Their name is actually Bolder Road, and I wish they would be a little bolder in their sales offerings.

I never noticed that -- corrected my previous post. They did have one good WAV sale earlier which was nice and at least got it in range
of the better Deep Discount sales though you did have to make a big order to get FS. I was so far behind that it wasn't that hard to make the FS threshold for one sale anyway

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think in addition to the year anniversary sale (was that March?) they did a 24 or 48 hour sale within the past couple months that had either the same or very similar discounting. If they had offered free shipping for a lower minimum, I would have gotten in on that second sale. I think their shipping costs are pretty insane, it seems like they add an additional fee for every $10 added to your total, not based on the total number of items or weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks