What's new

WB Tarzan Collection Vol 2??? (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
WB any chance of seeing the remaining 6 Weissmuller's RKO Tarzan's remastered and in a matching set to the MGM's??? that came out already, seems a shame to only have half of them.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Another vote for this. The RKO Tarzans have a charm all of their own. I would love to be able to replace my AMC taped versions with excellent Warner DVDs.

Steve

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Thanks for the roger up on this, i agree they are gems in there own right, and they do have there charms, even if it is killing a Saturday afternoon, a lot of the "B" s were the staple of the studios.

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
Maybe I say this too much, Dana Martin and SteveO, but I agree. They may be the most entertaining I have yet to see. I want Warner to put out the Lex Barker Tarzan films,too. They're never going to show them on TV in my hometown. The only Lex Barker film I've seen is Tarzan's Magic Fountain(I had to go to the Monster Bash for that), which didn't seem too bad. I'm aware that some of Lex Barker's later Tarzan films aren't too great, but there are many modern film that are utter garbage that get silver platter special edition treatment on DVD and from what I know about Lex Barker's other Tarzan films, even the worst of them are better then some of these modern disasters(bad word to use given what happened in Sri Lanka, but calling them bombs might even more offensive for some people) which get multi-disc ultimate edition etc. DVD releases. I realized a few days ago that I won't be able to attend the annual online chat with Warner Home Video as I will be in Mexico and I don't think a cafe would let me download the software necessary to take part in such a chat. So allow to reaffirm this request: Someone PLEASE request the Johhny Weissmuller and Lex Barker RKO Tarzan films for DVD release for me on that chat. I haven't had a chance to get any RKO Tarzan films on tape through recording a television broadcast since October of 2003 and I missed my chance then.

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
All right!!! Great feedback everybody!!! :emoji_thumbsup::D I'll bet if I weren't talking about these films the rest of you would be. It's wonderful to know that I'll never get to see these films even though you can! You're all watching Enterprise!!! It's not about what the readers want, it's about what the big bosses like:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks