What's new

WB says Scarecrow and Mrs. King on tap for 2010 release... (1 Viewer)

caperchick

Grip
Real Name
Annette
Oh My Gosh!!! I am so happy right now. I have waited sooo long to hear this news. I hope they give the release date very soon.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I already announced this earlier this evening. I suspect it may come out in the Archive series, but that is okay with me.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly /forum/thread/294171/wb-says-scarecrow-and-mrs-king-on-tap-for-2010-release#post_3619945
I already announced this earlier this evening. I suspect it may come out in the Archive series, but that is okay with me.
I think this is to big of a profile release to get the archive treatment. There are just to many people who want this show to warrant that. Btw.. I beat you by a day with your announcement. Not that it matters, it wasn't us announcing anything, it was all tvsodvd.com /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by caperchick /forum/thread/294171/wb-says-scarecrow-and-mrs-king-on-tap-for-2010-release#post_3619921
Oh My Gosh!!! I am so happy right now. I have waited sooo long to hear this news. I hope they give the release date very soon. /img/vbsmilies/htf/banana.gif
Yeah same here.. I am just surprised it took this long to come together. But, atleast it is coming.. can't wait. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
At least it seems to indicate that the (sd) TV/DVD mkt is not done yet. We're still seeing releases coming although not near as many as a couple of years ago. It's good to see this one coming.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
This won't be an archive line release, it's not exactly a niche title since so many people want it, plus there's name stars for them (Warner) to explore, etc. They'll do the on-demand thing with less demanded shows.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
With 5 discs and 21 outings (that includes a 2-hr. pilot), will this release be a double release ("double release" meaning double-sided discs)? I'm pretty much expecting it to be that.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
that is great news! I just hope they plan to release the whole series. I hate to harp on releases, but, i am always hesitant to buy the first season unless there are indications the series will be completed.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i guess that is catch-22, if you dont buy the series then they wont create additional seasons. It is double-edge sort. I have bought several shows and only to be stuck on one season. I have my doubts around buying in season #1 releases. It the studios were more upfront around how they plan to release the series, i.e. web polls, firm commitments, etc. then i would be incline to buy this show. However, the way it stands now i most likely will not buy it.

SMKfan

Auditioning
Real Name
HeatherM
Does anyone know if they are releasing the dvds as uncut or will they be cut episodes.Thanks

SMKfan

Auditioning
Real Name
HeatherM
Does anyone know if they are releasing the dvds as uncut or will they be cut episodes.Thanks

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Yesterday I received "Scarecrow and Ms King"-Season 1!
The picture quality is not so good. Typical non-remastered 80´s stuff...-not comparable with "Streets of San Francisco" where CBS/Paramount remastered the series.

But nevertheless I´m glad that Warner finally released the show on DVD!

I suppose that the episodes from Season 1 are uncut.....

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino /forum/thread/294171/wb-says-scarecrow-and-mrs-king-on-tap-for-2010-release#post_3665283
Yesterday I received "Scarecrow and Ms King"-Season 1!
The picture quality is not so good. Typical non-remastered 80´s stuff...-not comparable with "Streets of San Francisco" where CBS/Paramount remastered the series.
But nevertheless I´m glad that Warner finally released the show on DVD!
I suppose that the episodes from Season 1 are uncut.....
Well, you could check the running times. Might be one way to figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks