Was some actor/talk show host attacked/murdered at Spago's?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Randall Dorr, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr Second Unit

I believe I've heard two or three references to some sort of incident at Spago's where something bad happened to a celebrity. Did a search on Google but came up with nothing.

Any one know what happened? (Assuming something actually did happen.)

2. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I don't know if this is what you're talking about but after reading your post, I checked the entertainment section of cnn.com and found this story:

3. Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr Second Unit

No, this was something that happened some time ago. Probably the 70s or 80s. Mid 90s at the latest. Spago's was definitely involved.

(Again, I'm not even sure if anything ever happened.)

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    No, Ron worked at Mezzaluna in Brentwood, and that's where Nicole ate. (He was returning a pair of glasses she had left there.) The original Spago - not Spago's - is in West Hollywood, IIRC. There is another in Beverly Hills. (They're practically a chain now, there's even one in Vegas.)

I can't think of ever hearing about any kind of major crime, much less murder, happening inside or outside Spago's, with or without a celebrity being involved, so I have a feeling that your memory is playing tricks on you. Is this something that people have mentioned to you recently? Do you have any idea when this "bad thing" is supposed to have happened. (BTW, isn't rather a leap from "something bad happened" to "murder"?)

There is a Jimmy Buffet song where he talks about puking on the bar at "Spago's" and then getting his nose broken. Don't know if this is based on a real-life incident (with Buffet, I suspect it was [​IMG]), but its about as close to a report involving violence and the restaurant as I can find.

Regards,

Joe

5. Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez Second Unit

No idea about Spago's but in a related note Jerry Orbach from Law and Order was at the table during a mob hit in Sparks in NY. Forgot who was killed.

6. Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr Second Unit

Here's one place: The Great White Oprah.

In the first paragraph.

7. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

8. Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr Second Unit

Good point, Joseph.

I guess I was just imagining things.