What's new

Warner Brothers' High Definition releases for France '07 (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I saw this over at AVS and thought it warranted being posted over here.

These are the titles WB has announced for France this year. Hopefully, it reflects what will be released in the US as well. And hopefully some of them will be here sooner than in France.

April 25
The Island

May
Flags of Our Fathers

June
The Prestige
Natural Born Killers
Matrix (IME) (HD DVD only)

July
Mad Max 2
Matrix Reloaded (IME) (HD DVD only)

August
The Goonies
Matrix Revolutions (IME) (HD DVD only)

Letters from Iwo Jima

September
L.A. Confidential
Blade Runner
Poltergeist

300 (IME) (HD DVD only)
Blood Diamond (HD DVD only)
Zodiac

October
Dirty Harry
The Enforcer
Sudden Impact
Magnum force
The Dead Pool

Music and Lyrics
The Reaping

November
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (IME) (HD DVD only)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire(IME) (HD DVD only)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (IME) (HD DVD only)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (IME) (HD DVD only)

December
2001 A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Eyes Wide Shut
Ocean's eleven (1960)
Ocean's eleven (2001)
Ocean's twelve
The Shining
The Wizard of Oz

This info was ported from Grubert's post at AVS here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=796589

And the original source is here:
http://www.dvdrama.com/news.php?18624

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Just wanted to add that The Island and The Prestige are BD releases in the US.

Also, I believe the "HD DVD only" comment next to some of these is referring to the IME, not the title itself.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

i highly doubt that since dreamworks is owned by paramount, hence hd dvd and blu-ray support ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Odd; isn't Warner supposedly going to be all-TotalHD by then (at least in the US)? I wonder if they're just holding back until BD gets its interactive system together.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
That (among other things) is a big reason to doubt the applicability of this list to the US. I'd like to hear something out of Warner US, though.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Yep, this doesn't apply to the U.S. Along with the TotalHD thing, Warner specifically mentioned those titles as coming to Blu-Ray in 2007 in it's CES announcement.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
As stated in my post above, it seems to have something to do with BD's ability (or inability) to fully support it's interactive functions. Looks like the BD versions are being delayed, rather than not being released at all.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

This would go along with what other sites are reporting that studios, like Warner Bros, are waiting for BD-J development tools to be fully functional before releasing titles with similar HD-DVD IME.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Just to clarify about The Island:

The Island is distributed on home video by WB in Europe, which is different from the US distribution.

The Prestige is distributed on home video by Touchstone/Disney (I think) in the US, so it is BD only. But in Europe it is WB, so it will be both.

So I accidently lumped The Island and The Prestige together in stating that they are both BD only in the US. That is only the Prestige.

I also wanted to add (for the Frenchies among us) that there are other titles in this list as well, but only the titles that haven't been released in the US yet have been copied here because the main point of the thread is to give a hint about what WB may be releasing in the US this year (hopefully sooner than France gets them).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks