What's new

Warner to release all 8 Harry Potter Films to 4k UHD in 2017 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF ALL EIGHT HARRY POTTER FILMS COMING TO ULTRA HD BLU-RAY™ IN 2017

ENTIRE BELOVED FILM FRANCHISE

TO BE AVAILABLE IN 4K RESOLUTION WITH

HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR)

BURBANK, CA, MARCH XX, 2017 – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that all eight films in the popular and acclaimed Harry Potter series will be released on Ultra HD Blu-ray in 2017.

The last four films in the series will be released on March 28 and will include Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be available later in 2017.

The Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Packs will include an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the feature films in 4K with HDR, a Blu-ray disc with the feature films and special features in HD, and a Digital HD version of the feature films.

Ultra HD Blu-ray showcases 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and a wider color spectrum, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before.

For the complete 4K Ultra HD experience with HDR, a 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR, an Ultra HD Blu-ray player and a high-speed HDMI (category 2) cable are required.

All eight Harry Potter films on Ultra HD Blu-ray feature DTS:X audio, which replicates and conveys the fluid movement of sound to create a richer experience than previously possible by moving sound to precisely where the mixer placed it. A hallmark of DTS:X immersive audio technology is its ability to adapt to the speaker layout to best fit the individual viewing space by seamlessly transporting sound to and through specific locations within the viewing environment - in front of, behind, above and beside the audience.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part 2will be available on March 28 on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack for $44.95 SRP each, and feature an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the feature film in 4K with HDR, a Blu-ray disc with the feature film and special features in HD, and a Digital HD* version of the feature film. Fans can also own the Harry Potter films in 4K Ultra HD via purchase from select digital retailers.

The Harry Potter films on Ultra HD Blu-ray will contain the same special features that were included on each of the film’s previous Blu-ray releases.

ABOUT DIGITAL HD WITH ULTRAVIOLET

*Digital HD with UltraViolet allows fans to watch a digital version of their movie or TV show anywhere, on their favorite devices. Digital HD with UltraViolet is included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs. Digital HD with UltraViolet allows consumers to instantly stream and download movies and TV shows to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones through UltraViolet retail services like CinemaNow, Flixster, Vudu and more. For more information on compatible devices go to wb.com/ultravioletdevices. Consult an UltraViolet Retailer for details and requirements and for a list of HD-compatible devices.

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Glad to see this kinda movement. I have em all on Blu and just dont see myself buying again, because not to the point where I want to watch again, but there are plenty of other sets and movies Id like to see in UHD.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Wait a minute - they're releasing the last four films first!?

Strange as it sounds. Maybe that means they might be going be and redoing the scans from the 1st four items that people have always complained about.

2 whole posts and nobodies asked about the semi-mythical Extended Editions of 3-8 yet -- that must be a new record

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Extended editions...? I'm still reeling from something J.K. Rowling wrote on Pottermore. She said--and this is now canon--that before there was plumbing, witches and wizards used to poop their pants "where they stood" and then used magic to vanish their doody.

I... can't even...

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Great news.
I waited for the Harry Potter films to be released from new 4K scans. (i'm interested only in the first 3).
But... I hope those regular Blurays are indeed from the 4K scans too and aren't the previous transfers!:unsure:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It's nice to see this price point -- $45 MSRP for four films. Should be able to pick up the set for around $30 during a sale. I would have expected a higher initial price.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
1000631103_BRDLEFO_dae87b17.jpg
1000631104_BRDLEFO_d337f2a.jpg
1000631105_BRDLEFO_d497b8c8.jpg
1000631106_BRDLEFO_e3954311.jpg

Reactions: PMF

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Pretty sure that's $45 for EACH film...

Holy sheet...that's NUTS.

We just talked about maybe getting the movies for our 8 year olds bday since he is always wanting to watch them. AndI thought the Blu box set was too pricey!

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Put em out there like the John Wick UHD release coming, for $16, and you got me.

Reactions: PMF

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That $45 price is MSRP. Once they street their cost will be in-line with every other UHD release but yeah, $16 a pop would sucker me in as well if the HDR has been done well.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I get all that if all my money went to charity and they threw in a dinner date with Emma Watson in Milan.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Wouldn't it be more logical to debut all of these at the same time in a box set that's not unreasonably priced? I'm not UHD yet soI don't need it, but $45 SRP each with only some of the films coming out at once seems like an odd release pattern indeed. (It's also worth noting that the new Fantastic Beasts film comes the same day.)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I paid a pretty penny for that Harry Potter Blu-ray set in a Hogwarts trunk with some other trinkets (though I got it on sale and paid much less than friends of mine who pre-ordered) completing the last three films to be released as they were released on Blu-ray.

The ONLY way I'll double dip them is with a gigantic sale or a deal I hope I can find on Ebay in a few months. I do want them in 4K, but I'm willing to wait. The Blu-rays look wonderful upconverted.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I'm waiting on a sale too as I bought the first four on 4K during Target's B2F1 sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.