What's new

Warner Bros. To *Not* Exit Physical Media Production (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Warner Archive even released a Deanna Durbin film! ;)
That's what I love about the Archives. They cater to everybody. We get great classics like The Thin Man, The Sea Hawk, 7 Brides For 7 Brothers and The Yearling as well as cult trash like The Green Slime, Queen Of Outer Space and Deanna Durbin! ;)

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Edwards
'For now" is certainly worrying to a degree. But so long as they are making a profit I would like to think they would keep it going. But if sales decline over the years and it is no longer making coin for them I feel there is no doubt they will drop it.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I was going to remain mute about this fine reporting, but will merely say this:

Sometimes one is best reading The Washington Post or New York Times for actual news stories, based on things such as facts.

For those seeking info on the latest Elvis appearances, carry on.

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
FYI
1619285917842.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So did he screw up or did people misinterpret him? (I'm asking seriously).
I think it's a little of both as proper communication is a two-way street, especially in the social media realm when any little thing can be misconstrued so easily as you're communicating to an unknown mass of people.

Scott Voth

Stunt Coordinator
My fear is that once everything is only available electronically, it will be easy to remove it if it all of a sudden isn't politically correct. Atleast if you have a physical disc, they can't censor it. I never thought it would come to this in America but when they start going after Pepe LePew and Elmer Fudd what is next?

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
This headline is not only misleading but stupid. Beck didn't get it right. From this nonsensical headline, one would believe Warner's has given up making physical media completely and that is not the case. They are simply going to use different avenues of distribution and as usual with the American Public, all this handwringing in this thread proves the clickbait headline worked.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
My fear is that once everything is only available electronically, it will be easy to remove it if it all of a sudden isn't politically correct. Atleast if you have a physical disc, they can't censor it. I never thought it would come to this in America but when they start going after Pepe LePew and Elmer Fudd what is next?
Or disappear simply because the person in charge doesn’t like the show or doesn’t know anything about it or want to know anything about it!

rojobin

Grip
Real Name
Bob
Warner Archive even released a Deanna Durbin film! ;)
Deanna Durbin was with Universal wasn't she?. I only seen her with MGM in the short: Every Sunday (1936)..
We watched her grow up in Universal Pictures..

Last edited:

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
This headline is not only misleading but stupid. Beck didn't get it right. From this nonsensical headline, one would believe Warner's has given up making physical media completely and that is not the case. They are simply going to use different avenues of distribution and as usual with the American Public, all this handwringing in this thread proves the clickbait headline worked.
If you're referring to the article linked in the first post of this thread, Jerry Beck didn't write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks